Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Problem
HottieKatie143
Neophyte
Member # 2619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HottieKatie143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, this girl, and I are really good friends, and her boyfriend broke up. So she hooked up with this kid.Every Saturday almost I would go over her house, and that kid would be there, and we would all be having fun. Well, her boyfriend wanted her back,so she dropped the kid, and hurt him really bad. Now she like hates him. Well me and my friend ended up going to the movies with him last night, and I think I like him because he is really hott, and he is such a sweet heart, but I don't want her to get mad at me so I don't know what to do
Please help me!

Posts: 3 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She hates him now?

Then no problem. If she doesn't like him, you ought to be able to date him. If she doesn't like him because he was, say, a player and treated her terribly, then maybe it's not a good idea. But if she doesn't like him just because, then go for it.

If she still has problems about you two, talk to her about it. If she threatens to dump you just because of this guy, then who do you value more? Personally I think that if your friend can't accept the fact that you're happy with this guy, then you're better of without her. But I'm not you.

Good Luck!

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How did she go from being with him to hating him? And are you sure shewould call it "hate" ? Not that I don't think you should go for this guy, because if she truly doesn't have feelings for him then I say GO FOR IT but sometimes when you like a guy for a while you try to mask your feelings by saying you dislike him (I have done that) So I'd just make sure it's cool....then go get him!

------------------
"Live a balanced life - Learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some."
~~ Robert Fulghum, author ~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I say just talk to your friend about it. Tell her you kinda have feelings for this guy and would it be a problem if you started contacting him or going out with him.

The way I see it it shouldn't be much of a problem. After all, she doesn't have a hold on him and nothing is going on between them now.

So just ask your friend and see what happens. Gd luck.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HottieKatie143
Neophyte
Member # 2619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HottieKatie143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, she told me on Friday that she hates him, and can't stand him, and he's only trying to be supportive to her. She just doesn't care that he's trying to do that. This kid is not a player, he is sooo nice and just tries to always make me happy, so i don't know, i guess i will talk to her about it. Thanks
Posts: 3 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.