Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I dont know what to tell him?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I dont know what to tell him?
cutie12345
Neophyte
Member # 2565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutie12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I am uncomfortable w/ me n my boyfriends realationship I am unhappy and want to break up but I am scared to tell him? I want to break up....there are many reasons but these reasons arent ones that I can tell him,like when we hook up I dont feel any lust????or I dont really like his friends, ect.... what do I say?

Posts: 10 | From: fl | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's up to you what you do.

However, I'm confused. In this post, you feel no "lust," but in your last post, being sexual totally yucked you out.

Have you considered just for a moment that maybe you're just not ready for sex, period? I think it's worth thinking about, especially if you're winding up sexually involved with people who you say you don't even have an attraction to.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is one way to go about this in a fairly responsible, grown-up manner, dear, and that is a) Tell him that you want to discontinue the relationship. And if you want to be fair in doing so, than b) Give him the real reasons why you're breaking up.

Sorry, girl, but you know, there is just no other way than actually "telling" the other person.

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One thing about going into a relationship is the fact that they don't always work out and when that happens, being honest about your reasons for ending the relationship is best. From what I'm hearing, it sounds like you're not comfortable with this guy. I think that's reason enough to call it quits.

And what to say to him? A simple, this relationship isn't working for me, is a good start. Then just tell him what you just told us.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"D'you get scared to feel so much? To let somebody touch you? So hot, so cold, so far, so out of control. Hard to come by, and harder to hold."

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For you it may seem hard to break up with this guy. But for starters just be honest with him. Tell him what you told us here- that things just aren't working out the way you had planned and that you were happier when you were both just friends. Don't be afraid, just confront him. And DON'T have one of your friends do it for you. I know from past experiences that it makes things much worse if you do that. It might make him feel pretty low if he hears the news from a friend of yours. So my advice would be just be yourself and tell him the truth. Try to be as nice as possible and explain to him that the two of you could really just be friends (if you want to just be friends).

Good Luck!

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.