Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » This hurts.....bad..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This hurts.....bad..
mark
Neophyte
Member # 125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey.
ok, here is my problem, It may be kinda stupid comin from a guy.. but here goes.. This girl and I have been talking for about 6 months now. It was just small talk innocent flirting and stuff. She really liked me alot... I mean, It was ALOT. I liked her, but there was other people too..this girl was about two years younger than me so I was too full of pride to actually "be" with her.. recently I have came VERY close to getting with the other people I had intrest in.. but something inside wouldnt let me do it.. I realized that this girl that I had liked from the beginning was the one that was really who I wanted, she was always there, listining, caring.. you name it. about a week ago, we kissed, I loved it.. but the next day. she is so cold to me, and now just says she dont want anything with me. she knows how I feel about her, and for so long it was exactaly what she wanted.. It hurts so much now.. I miss her.... I miss the way things were... what do I do??? PLease?
;-)-:
Mark~

Posts: 15 | From: V.A. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Talk to her! Tell her the things that you've said here, explain your feelings and tell her the truth about why you wouldn't be with her before. Talk about these things and find out what's really going on inside her head.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why she did that. She sounds like a total flake.

If you can get her to talk to you, ask her why she's being so immature and mean (don't use those words ). She might not be ready for a relationship, and the kiss kind of scared her off a little. Or maybe she feels vunerable, and she's being bitchy so she doesn't get hurt by you. Whatever her reason is, talk it out with her and assure her that you really like her and you want a relationship (not just a fling).

But if she won't talk to you, forget her. She can't handle a relationship, and she doesn't deserve you.

Good Luck.

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or maybe she realised that you were too proud to be with her.

Just talk to her.None of us can tell you why she is acting this way. So just give her a call and ask her why there seems to have been a sudden change in her attitude towards you.

And the next time you meet a girl you really like, don't let pride stand in the way of getting to know her better. Gd luck.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
india
Activist
Member # 2550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for india     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
that really hurts.

Posts: 77 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark
Neophyte
Member # 125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey everyone, thank you so much for the advice.. I have thought about it, and I sorta have something in mind.. you see, I am an actor, and currently I am doing 'Grease' It just so happens that she is playing oppsite of me (she's my sweetheart in the show) Its really hard to work with her underneath all that is goin on. tonight, between scenes, I went up to her and started talking, she really didnt seem to care, short answers, weird looks you know?... The next show is Thursday night, so I have planned to tell her the director needs us to work on a few songs about an hour before people come in... I will have a table, a candle lit, and a small teddy bear or some little gift center stage, and I have arranged to have the pit to play some love songs gently underneath me trying to talk to her.. bad Idea or good? Please tell me what you think.
Thanks again,
mark
;

Posts: 15 | From: V.A. | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark
Neophyte
Member # 125

hey everyone, thank you so much for the advice.. I have thought about it, and I sorta have something in mind.. you see, I am an actor, and currently I am doing 'Grease' It just so happens that she is playing oppsite of me (she's my sweetheart in the show) Its really hard to work with her underneath all that is goin on. tonight, between scenes, I went up to her and started talking, she really didnt seem to care, short answers, weird looks you know?... The next show is Thursday night, so I have planned to tell her the director needs us to work on a few songs about an hour before people come in... I will have a table, a candle lit, and a small teddy bear or some little gift center stage, and I have arranged to have the pit to play some love songs gently underneath me trying to talk to her.. bad Idea or good? Please tell me what you think.
Thanks again,
mark
;

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, personal opinion here...but it could either be really good, or really bad. Perhaps doing this right before your show would not be the best idea, it could change your on-stage chemistry. Especially if she's not open to what you have to say, that could seriously affect your performance, could make things very awkward. I guess if you're going to do it, you better be 110% sure she's going to react well, otherwise, I'd reconsider it. But then that's just my feeling.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark
Neophyte
Member # 125

hey, well yeah I guess I should have said that we are still in rehearsals, we dont open the show for another 4 weeks... sooo?
Mark~
;

exit seraphim
Activist
Member # 2566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for exit seraphim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from the girls pov...maybe she really does/did like you but there was always the unreachableness of you and once she finally had you there wasn't a challenge any longer, or she's afraid of losing you. just talk to her and tell her how you feel...dont get over board though cos you could scare her.

-justine

------------------
have i been wrong?
have i been wise?
to shut my eyes and play along?

Posts: 142 | From: H*Ton, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.