Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I'm feeling kinda let down.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm feeling kinda let down.....
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, well, there's a guy who I really like. I mean really really like. His name's AJ. He's a good friend of mine. I've liked him for about 2 years. I've done everything to make him like me.
He said he'd go out with me but at the time I asked him, he had a girlfriend. He also said I had more chance at him than my best friend (who has liked him for way more than I have).
Everyone knows I like him.
Well, my summer holidays are ending next week and I get to see him at school. He flirts with me all the time and I'm always thinking he likes me but he never does.
The other day I saw him at the mall and I was like, hi AJ!! And he totally ignored me.
I don't know what to do. Is he worth liking?

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hon, he is not worth it. What's this? A competition? You have a higher chance at him than your friend?

He doesn't seem very mature and honestly, I really don't think he is worth the confusion and sadness you are going through.

If you want to find out what's going on, give him a call and ask him what's up with him ignoring you. He could just have not seen you so if you want to, call him and clarify things. See how things go from there.

I'm sure you are a wonderful girl. Make him like you because you are you and not because you are doing things for him so that he can like you.

So just give him a call and see how things go ok? Gd luck hon.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...and you like exactly WHAT about this person?

Can't be that they're kind to you or respect you or like you, because he sure isn't acting that way. Can't be that they seem like an all around stellar individual, because from the sounds of this post, he's a dope. Can't be that he's interested in you romantically, because from the sounds of things, he isn't. And from this, it isn't that he makes you feel wonderful and cared for, either.

So what DO you like about him anyway? Answer that, and you'll likely have your answer.

P.S. You can't "make" people like you. Either they do or they don't, and it's up to them, honey.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first question is, what's your definition of a good friend? I wouldn't be too happy if any of my "good friends" ignored me after I said hi (unless of course they were having a bad day, and even then they'd probably tell me they were having a bad day and acknowledge me).

And it is true that you can't make someone like you, it's sad sometimes, but true. If the feeling isn't there, it's not there, and it's time to move on. But the good news is, there is someone who will like you without you having to "make them" like you first!

I'd sit down and talk to this guy, obviously he knows how you feel, so say to him,"Listen, you know I like you and I'm interested in being more than just a friend or girl to flirt with. What do you think of that?" And if he doesn't think that sounds too wonderful or says, "I might go out with you someday," move on, it'll do you a lot of good.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"D'you get scared to feel so much? To let somebody touch you? So hot, so cold, so far, so out of control. Hard to come by, and harder to hold."

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dear, take it from somebody who's tried...you can't make love happen. Either it's there or it's not, and nothing you do will make happen. Love isn't about earning something, or winning a contest, it happens when the time is right and the feelings are there between the people involved. So be yourself and don't worry about this. If he likes you, then great...although I'd say that any guy who would actually encourage competition between girls over his sorry self is pretty immature, and you're probably better off without him. There's alot more fish in the sea, and you've got time to catch quite a few of them. Don't waste your time on someone who doesn't give you the respect and love that you deserve...remember, you're a goddess, you deserve only the best!

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell."
~Joan Crawford

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfGal
Activist
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SurfGal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had to learn the hard way that you can't "MAKE" someone like you. Trying to look your best is great if it makes YOU feel better about YOURSELF. If this guy is treating you badly you don't have to stand for it. I'm sure there are a LOT of guys out there who are dying to get to know you, and who won't string you along like he is.

------------------
"Girl you can pick a field full of daisies...but he'd still be my baby!" ~Dream

***STACY***

Posts: 81 | From: Jacksonville, FL. 32218 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SurfGal
Activist
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SurfGal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to add that you may want to talk to this guy before you do anything else. I wouldn't want you going off on him before trying to sort this whole mezs out. Usually guys are way more confused about relationships than we are, maybe he really likes you and just doesn't know how to show it. Sorry for posting twice....whoops I meant to only edit it

[This message has been edited by SurfGal (edited 01-26-2001).]

Posts: 81 | From: Jacksonville, FL. 32218 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wOw sounds alot like my situation

whenever i feel like my guy friend treats me like poo (unintentionally) i remind myself of the line, if you sting me, i wont mind.

i liked my guy friend for a like a year and a half, but we never really found out at the right times and things never went well. he's so nice and great but then sometimes he can be such a jerk! i guess it's typical. i reminded myself that maybe i shouldn't be so hard on him. it makes sense though! see don't you expect more respect or whatver from your guy friend more than any other guy?

Yup, it's logical. it'll happen that he might not act like the perfect guy even if he's your friend. it's okay to make sure he acknoledges you as a friend, but remember he's like any other guy who isn't totally genious on what we gals are thinking (even if we do tell them 2million times!)

don't worry

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.