Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » How do I ask?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How do I ask?
cutie12345
Neophyte
Member # 2565

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cutie12345     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this sounds totally retarded but i want to ask my boyfried if he would ever want me to shave down there.....all of it but i dont know how I would feel so stupid saying: So do you like it better when a girl shaves all of her pubic hair off? That sounds retarded...give me another way to word it PLEASE
Posts: 10 | From: fl | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gumdrop, you owe us another nickel.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay, i have no advice for you on this. i just wanted to reply to miz scarlets reply.

this girl really wants to know how to ask and i just think that posting what seems to be an inside joke to gumdrop isn't too fair.

you didn't even say anything in relation to her question.

i just thought i'd say that. i'm not trying to be *itchy but i was just being honest.

i'm sorry i have no advice for you though! i've never gone far enough to wonder if he'd like it shaved. sorry!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
star...Miz S wasn't trying to be rude to her, it's just that we've got about 5,000,000 posts about shaving here, and hardly anybody ever uses the search function to see what's already been asked and answered the other 4,999,999 times! It's hard to reply to a question that she (or anyone else for that matter) just can't answer because it's a matter of personal preference. (And, in case you were wondering, Gumdrop is donating 5 cents for every shaving post that shows up now...I have no idea what the total is thus far, you'd have to ask her.)

And cutie, as far as how to ask that, I have no idea what to tell you. The real question should be, do you want to do it? You're the one who has to shave it, and then deal with the itching, ingrown hairs, etc. So if it's not something that you want to do, I'd advise against it. I guess basically your choices are either just shave it off (if you want to) and see what he has to say about it later, or just tell him that you've been thinking you want to do this (if that's what you want, once again) and you wanted his opinion on it.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay! now that i know what it was all about. it's all good. thanx for clearing that up! sorry if i sounded b*tchy!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etch
Activist
Member # 182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Etch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is this isnt the normal shaving question. She just wants some advice on how to ask her b/f if he would like it. She wasnt asking do guys like it, or how many like it. She wanted to know how to ask one specific person. I wouldnt have found the other shaving posts helpfull either.

I have one suggestion, going through this myself. PERHAPS you could say that you heard some girls talking about how their boyfriends like them shaved or something, then ask him if he likes the idea or not. Tell him you want to know out of curiosity because you were thinking about doing it and wanted input from him. But remember not to let any decision about your body be up to anyone other then yourself.

[This message has been edited by Etch (edited 02-01-2001).]

Posts: 523 | From: Ashland, Oregon, US | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the ed of the day, I don't believe in doing anything I am not comfortable with.

And I think that's what you should be more concerned with, cutie.

Fully shaving your pubic hair can cause irritation when it grows back and I would say do something which pleases you and not your guy alone.

But if you really want to ask, I say just ask him straighout. Something like "would you like it if I shaved my pubic hair?" or something similar.

I don't think it is retarded and he shouldn't think so too. So just take a deep breath and ask.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you cant ask your boyfriend about shaving off your pubic hair, what are you going to do when you have to talk about sex?

Just casually ask him about it, no biggy!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Its the best feeling in the world to know that somebody loves you more then anything in the world! *~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
india
Activist
Member # 2550

Icon 1 posted      Profile for india     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmmm... hey there ~~ why would you care what he says. you dont need his permission. am i right. ok if you want to ask. just ask dont worry. it wont be stupid. it will be ok i think. hey have fun.... let us know what happens. c ya/

Posts: 77 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.