Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Jealousy!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jealousy!!
jadie06
Neophyte
Member # 2593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jadie06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I swear Im like the most jealous girl in the world.My boyfriend and my bestfriend just went to one of their friend that I didnt know's funeral.I am overwelmed with jealousy,I have no idea why!I keep on getting these thoughts that he's in love with her.He didnt say Hi to me on MSN messenger awile ago but he said "hey,what are you doing?" to her!!Im so sad cause I love him so much and Im afraid he's gonna dump me.If he did,I wolud kill myself..he is the only good thing in my life right now.Is this normal to be this jealous?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jealousy is perfectly normal, although I'm not sure that you have much to be afraid of in this situation. It may seem that he's paying more attention to her than you, but I'm sure they're just friends. If this friend of theirs that died wasn't a friend of yours, then he probably went to the funeral with you friend because you weren't going to go. (sorry, was that confusing?) I mean, when I get a boyfriend I tend to get jealous like you do- it seems like he's going to dump you, but chances are, he probably isn't even considering it. And please don't kill yourself if in fact the relationship ever does end. No guy is worth that, but right now it's okay to be a little jealous, just don't get too carried away. It doesn't sound like he's interested in her anyway, they're probably just good friends.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
Come check out what's goin on in Lucky's mind!
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay hon....you will live without your bf. Trust me. No guy is worth killing yourself over.

I think you and your guy just have certain issues to thrash out. Jealousy is not just that. I believe that jealousy stems from many different things. LAck of trust in a relationship, low self esteem etc.

And I think you really need to find out exactly where this jealousy is coming from and deal with it.

Have a good talk with him and tell him how you feel. Ask him why he didn't msg you but he msged another girl. Tell him it makes you upset. Talk to him hon. Keep the channels of communication open. That's the only way your relationship can grow.

And remember...you can live without a guy.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're jealous because your boyfriend and your friend went to a funeral together? Their friend died and you're swimming in jealousy rather than offering condolences? Think about that one for a second.

I think a fair amount of jealousy is good. Okay, I actually don't, I'm just being diplomatic. If you're constantly jealous then it's either you have a serious problem or you and your boyfriend need to start talking because something's wrong. If you can't trust you're partner then you two shouldn't even be together (but that's just my opinion).

He's going to meet girls whereever he goes. You can't keep a leash on him and you can't be with him 24/7. He has his own life and you have yours. There is no norm but I don't think it should be like this. It's time to have a talk. And as Lin said, if it ends, you can live without him.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really, jealousy is about insecurity. One feels jealous because one feels insecure or threatened in some way.

So, no one else can really do a whole lot about your feelings of jealousy:: it's really something you have to examine for yourself and figure out WHY you are so insecure.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jadie06
Neophyte
Member # 2593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jadie06     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanx everyone,im ok now .we talked about it
Posts: 2 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.