Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » crush

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crush
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am VERY in much in love with my boyfriend, we've been together for two years and I can't imagine being without him. However, there is a new guy in my school who I am extremely attracted to. I would NEVER dream of doing anything with him, it didnt even cross my mind that I would dump my bf, but why am I so attracted to the new guy if I have an awesome guy? I don't want to have a "crush" on him anymore! Please give me some suggestions!

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy!

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's human nature. As long as you keep it as a crush you and nothing more then you should be ok

------------------
~*~Buff Chick~*~
*kiss*kiss* to my Karamel Kid! :)

"No one can stop you from who you love and the one love is who you love."

"Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile."

Watch out! I'm a awful speller. *hehe*

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Buff. As long as nothing happens, you're fine.

And you ay you don't want to have a crush on this guy anymore? I've felt that way so many times. I've found that I can't tell my heart what to do, it likes who it likes. I can deny it all I want, but it doesn't help . Eventually, your crush will fade, and things will be fine.

If you expect to be with your current partner for a long time, then crushes like this will come and go, but if you really care for your partner, they'll work out.

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can look, just don't touch. Also, maybe you just want to be good friends with this boy. I thought I had a thing for my ex boyfriend's friend (Ben), but now we're just friends and I have a new boyfriend. And I love him dearly, but as a friend, not a boyfriend.
Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just think about it like you're window shopping at Tiffany's. You see that gorgeous diamond necklace in the window, and you wonder for a minute how it would look around your neck. But when you really think about it...where would you wear that necklace if you had it anyway? School? The grocery store? Nope, probably not. Eventually you're going to go on and walk away, and be perfectly happy with your own necklace which is perfect cause it's there, and it's comfortable and you can wear it anywhere.

As long as it's just a crush, you're ok. Be happy with your guy, be friends with this new guy if you want to.

~KittenGoddess

------------------
"You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip."
~Jonathan Carroll

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XxFIFxX
Activist
Member # 2109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxFIFxX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, you can't help feelings. You should figure out why you're attracted to him. Maybe it's something your b/f is lacking. If you want him, it's not a crime, but remember that if you choose to get your crush, you've lost your b/f. It's not usually a good thing to jump at the first opprotunity that passes by, but if you want it bad enough, go for it.

------------------
*I wish I didn't care, but I do*

Posts: 62 | From: Los Angeles, CA USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlirtieGirlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thnaks guys, i feel better now. My friend told me to tell my boyfriend about my "crush" on the new guy, but I don't think I will. I do think it's important to be honest in a realtionship but I wouldnt trust him if he told me he thought he had a crush on another girl, what do you guys think?

------------------
Kids in the backseat cause accidents. Accidents in the backseats cause kids! (So be careful!) Luvs to Jeremy!

Posts: 141 | From: The Bolton Ghetto, Mass. :-) | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you've got yourself a double-standard, that's what. You can have a "crush" and still be trustworthy, but he can't? Or you can have one, but if it's secret, it's somehow better or makes you more trustworthy?

Look, you do what feels best to you: you can tell your partner you find someone else attractive or not. I think either way is fine. But relationships go both ways -- when you start to set up rules and standards that apply to one person and not the other, you're asking for trouble and not being fair.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

Thanks Ms. S, I think I'll just concentrate on making my realtionship with Jeremy even better than it already is, I'll forget about the other guy soon.

------------------

FlirtieGirlie
Activist
Member # 2510

And by the way, I'm not saying that it's okay for me to have a crush on someone else and it's not okay for him, I think it's really awful of me and I've felt like I'm betraying him by thinking the other guy is cute. I was just wondering if it would be the right thing to be honest about it, or just to wait until it goes away.

------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.