Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » I can't stand her anymore!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I can't stand her anymore!
Lucky1402
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lucky1402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uggh! Someone please help, because this is a serious problem to me, not just a childish fight. I can't stand to be around my best friend since kindergarten anymore- she treats me and alot of other people like dirt. She doesn't even act like she's my friend sometimes. When we're alone she acts perfectly normal, but alot of the time at school she acts like a complete b**ch (pardon my french, but that's the only way to describe it). For example she will treat people who she considers lower than her like complete dirt- I can see that the things she does and says to them makes them feel bad, so I'll tell her to knock it off, and she'll get defensive and start picking on me. Whenever she's around other people she'll always make fun of me and tell people stuff about me that isn't true (and it really hurts my feelings because I used to have really low self-esteem and I'm very self-conscious) to make herself look "cool", then she will put me down and embarass me. She'll start arguements with me and when I try to defend myself, she starts insulting me and teasing me again, and makes me look like the bad guy. There is absolutely nothing I can do or say to make her stop, because everything I say she turns it around to make me look like the mean one. People are starting to glorify her and think she's so great- there is only a couple people who feel the same way I do about her. Not to mention the fact that she is obnoxious and unbearable to talk to at times- she's always bragging about how thin she is, and how pretty she is, and how many guys want to go out with her, and how much money she has, and how much better she is than everyone else. I can't take it anymore! Everytime I talk to her about how I feel, she rolls her eyes and walks away. I'm tired of looking like the bad guy and letting her walk all over me like that. Any advice? What would you guys do? Maybe I shouldn't even be her friend.

------------------
*^Lucky^*
"We have to pause and ask ourselves: how much clean air do we need?"~ Lee Iococca
"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as though you'll die today."
"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night."

Posts: 492 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa! What kind of a friend is that? Surely i know i wouldn't take that kind of crap from anyone including my best friend. i guess those who you love most you tend to be harder on (or maybe more lenient in your case). I think you definitly need to address this with your friend. There's no pretty way to say it i think, just say it loud and Clear. those actions shouldn't go unnoticed. ugh! that stinks I hope you find a solution though

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
she really sounds like she has issues dealing with her self esteem -- same ol' brings herself up by bring everyone else down, and she needs constant reminders that she is Miz Thang.

If you think the person who once was your best friend is completely lost, then start hanging with other people and give up on her.

In the world of fairy tales and far-fetches, you might be able to salvage that good girl trapped under the snob shell. If you think it could happen. try working on her with "y'know, that's really not nice.' and be up front -- at the risk of losing her completely (snobs don't like it when you're totally confrontational about what jerks they are).

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
grr.. that makes me soo angry, i know exactly what you're talking about. Has she been hanging with different people, or is it mostly you? If it's you then you should tell her that you don't enjoy her insults or her change in behaviour. Explain that you've noticed a change in her & that she is not acting like the friend you once knew. If she responds with the same old insults, then, I think you should stop hanging out with her.

------------------
“the safest sex is no sex but if you gunna have sex wear a latex”- Teck $
"girl, i told you...be careful when you likin' a guy, cus if they sense your feelings are too intense it's pimp or die" -Jay Z

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Drop her. I know I should be telling you to talk to her and stuff but seriously, these people don't understand the meaning of friendship and I honestly cannot stand them.

You deserve better than that girl. If she wants to look cool and stuff, tell her that's great but you won't be around to see it anymore.

Bottomline, if she's your friend she will not hurt you like that. But oh ok, just have one talk with her. Tell her this has to stop or it's over. I'm sure you can find better friends out there who actually treat you as a friend.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triniplayette1
Neophyte
Member # 2404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triniplayette1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
das sord of like my friend best friend she always leaves me out and when we are in class and we have seats next to eachother shes like all nice to me and then when we r out she trys to get all da attetion and if like alot of boys hang round me she thinks im tryin to get them when really all i do is talk to da boys and hang out with them ugggggh shes crazzy maybe wat i think u should jus get away from her see how she will do wit out u !
lisaaaaaa

Posts: 10 | From: Sanford,Florida,USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
anglais sil vous plait???

just as a quick note, a lot of us squares have a really tough time with slang. it's similar to getting a note with sloppy penmanship -- we can't read it.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.