Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » is it possible???????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it possible???????
teengalinluv
Neophyte
Member # 2439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for teengalinluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what are the chances % wise, of getting pregnant from just a condom? highly likely? what if it ONLY once? Can somebody answer these ?'s for me?
Posts: 8 | From: Lawsonville, NC USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SEARCH FUNCTION. RISK FLOW CHART.

Please check these! The question has been answered before!!

If you are using just a condom, they are pretty effective (can't think of a percent off the top of my head), but only if they're used right.

------------------
Give yourself over to absolute pleasure!! With protection, of course.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here go to this website about birth control: www.scarleteen.com/pink/pages/birthcontrol.html
Please look at that, it will help you out a lot!!

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teengalinluv
Neophyte
Member # 2439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for teengalinluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just asking from personal stand points!! Does anybody else have any suggestions or comments about it?
Posts: 8 | From: Lawsonville, NC USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That website tells you the % on everything.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*
"The first time I saw you, I knew that I would fall for you, & now that were together, our love will last forever!!" -By: The person I LOVE MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THIS WORLD!!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teengalinluv
Neophyte
Member # 2439

I've read most of the websites on here, i was just wanting a little bit more of personal views or even experiences.
Has anyone out there go pregnant from their first time with just a condom?

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it seems like we're keeping a tight lip, teenie, it's just 'cause we answer the same questions over and over again. nothing hostile intended.

okay, here's the deal. condoms can break. if you use an additional water-based lubricant like Astroglide or Ky Liquid inside and outside the condom (which should NOT be spermicide-lubed), it will be a whole lot less likely to break.

with that said, go back and read up the articles on birth control. And perhaps you should check out the Sex Readiness Checklist. Make sure you have access to things like Planned Parenthood in case something does go wrong so you can get the morning-after pill.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you use a condom correctly, it should not break.

I'll be really really nice. Click away.
A Simple Condom Primer
Birth Control Chart
First Sexual Intercourse Readiness -Even if it's not your first time, this article will do anyone alot of good.

Whoops, I forgot to add this one-
Pregnancy Risks

I think we should start a search function campaign. We'll have the a search icon pop up whenever anyone clicks on "post new topic".

[This message has been edited by SlowCookie (edited 01-22-2001).]

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes SlowCookie Yes! Great idea. Could we look into it Miz S?

And hon, yes, it is possible to get pregnant even if you are using a condom or on BC pills. You want to be 100% safe? Abstinence is the only answer.

So we usually suggest using backup. Like condoms plus BC Pills. Just to be on the safe side.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teengalinluv
Neophyte
Member # 2439

Yes.
It seems as though you all are having quite a bit of a lip with everything I say.
Be nice with answers, and I HAVE looked at all your sites or whatever. I was just wanting personal experiences or problems or even advice, no need to be so snippy.

SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowCookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We were not "snippy" and I will try very hard right now not to be "snippy". Gumdrop didn't say we were giving you lip, she said we're being tight-lipped. There is a big difference between the two.

If you have looked at the site, you wouldn't have triple-posted a question and then ask us another one that has been answered countless times. I gave you 4 links, of which would have answered your question if you took any time to read them.

You wanted percentages, real facts. You can't get hard numbers from a small group of people on a single board. Check out the Birth Control Chart. Failure rates on every method of birth control. Go check it out.

Posts: 681 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright teengal, I was rash, I'll admit that.

But, we have more and more people on this board that will continually ask a question that has been answered many a time, or asking for technique, or posting in more than one forum. And despite pushing and pushing the search function and reading the guidelines, no one listens. After fixing way to many posts of that sort, I think we have a right to be irratated.

And I am sorry to bite your head off, but it just gets old.

------------------

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
teengalinluv
Neophyte
Member # 2439

well, Im not like everyone else.
I just wanted some PERSONAL views.
so just chill out.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Teen, YOU need to chill out. Now.

The people who posted this to you followed board protocol and the guidelines and did their best to refer you to accurate information that you were requesting.

From a personal standpoint, no one can give you effectiveness percentages. That is, by its nature, objective information, not personal information.

And clarly, as of yet, no one reading your post HAS gotten pregnant when using a condom as of yet, or isn't interested in talking about it.

However, if you really need that info, I'll help: if it wasn't for a condom not used well, during first intercourse, this site wouldn't be here because *I* wouldn't be here. So, speaking solely for my mother alone, yes, it happens.

With any birth control that is not 100% effective, it can happen (and that's none). And what those percentages mean is that, for instance, when general condom standards say they are 88% percent effective, that means that of 100 women, 18 conceived using that method, or misusing that method.

People can't always give personal views because they don't always have them. and in those instances, when people still want to be helpful, they do what they can to refer posters to the information available, which they did, and which is what we suggest they do.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Miz Scarlet is right, the way you use your condom and birth control, means a hell of a lot. One day I had sex with my boyfriend and the condom broke, its a terrible feeling, I was crying all over the place, I thought I was going to die, really.

But I did what I had to do, I went to Planned Parent Hood and got The Morning After pill. Lucky I didnt pregs, and I DEFINALTY LEARNED MY LESSON. You never think of the consequences until it happens to YOU!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can say with absolute certainty that it is 100% impossible to get pregnant if you are having sex with just a condom. Now, if there's a person wearing it, that's another story...
Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SlowCookie
Activist
Member # 589

Eeeek! Hahaha
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Haha Dzunn! It took a few reads to get what you were saying, but I finally did!

Hehehe....

------------------

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.