Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My friends boyfriends asked me out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My friends boyfriends asked me out
imisscarebears
Neophyte
Member # 2162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imisscarebears     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So heres the deal. My friends boyfriend asked me to see a movie with him this friday ... And I'm not suppose to tell her. I know if I was a good friend I would tell her right away! But I really want to see Antitrust and boy is he cute. The thing is that I'm not too sure if she would do the same to me or not.
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't matter if she would do it to you or not. You did say you wanted to be a good friend, right? Then simply don't go. Go see Antitrust with someone esle-who isn't romantically attached to your friend.

Before you tell your friend about this incident-ask the guy why he asked you, and why you're not supposed to tell his girlfriend. If it's a legitamate reason-like he wanted to talk to you about her, then there isn't a big need to tell her right away. And if so, see why he wanted to talk to you. but if he meant for the movie to be a date-date, then tell your friend. God knows who else this guy could be playing with.

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he asked you out as in going to the movies as "more than friends" this does not sound like a very good situation. And I'm assuming that's what is going on since he said not to tell his girlfriend (your friend).

I completely agree with Pink. Why not go with someone else? And he's your friend's boyfriend, who cares whether or not she would do it to you. I would definitely talk to her about what happened and see what she thinks.

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a tricky situation but I would say go with the advice given and watch the movie with someone else. Or alone.

If she is your good friend, it does not matter if she would do the same to you coz you don't know. So just play it safe and don't go with him. Talk to him and ask him what is going on. That you are not comfortable with him asking you out alone and then telling you not to tell your friend.

I would say lay off telling your friend now. Know that's not what most people would say but the way I see it, this could just be a one off incident. Do you think he really likes your friend? If yes, I say give him a chance. But only one. He tries it again or tries it on another girl, tell your friend immediately.

By the way. I miss the care bears too.

Care bears shine

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 01-09-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry i double posted, could someone delete this for me please? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Lin (edited 01-09-2001).]

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoo, that's shady business right there.

beat this boy at his own game. agree to the movie, but make it a double date with your friend and bring someone cuter just to spite him.

anyway, he's trouble. he wants to cheat on his girl, which will only drive a wedge between you and your friend. you wouldn't want to go out with a guy like this, unless you like for your boyfriends to sneak around with your galpals behind your back. what makes you think he wouldn't pull that crap on you, too?

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The question is not "would she do the same?", it is "will I do it?".

You are not her, and she is not you. To me, at least, a friendship is more than just *** for tat.

------------------
You are what you eat?
But I don't even LIKE nuts!

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imisscarebears
Neophyte
Member # 2162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imisscarebears     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But what if he just wanted to go as friends to see Antitrust and then I tell my friend he invited me and things turn around on me as the bad guy. You girls know how that works. Fellas have the power over us to make things out to be worse to cover there own *** . Well I'm gonna tell him that I will be checkin out Antitrust with some other friends that I forgot I had already made pland with and ya I'm gonna tell her that he asked me. I would ahte to know if he's a cheater and I didnt warn her. But damn he is so fine!!! But I'm a good friend!! Thanks Ladies!!!!!!
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can think whatever you want about this boy, but I sure as hell know that if my friend just went out with my boyfriend to the movies I would be hella mad. Bad bad bad idea! Go see it with someone else!

------------------
http://beam.to/anode2ryan *My Ryan Page*
“the safest sex is no sex but if you gunna have sex wear a latex”- Teck $

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.