Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » oh man help me bad

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: oh man help me bad
filler
Neophyte
Member # 2613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for filler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, i have liked guys before, and sat back and let nothing happen, or wait for them to come to me. here is the story of this new kid. this may be long and boring but some one out there please read it and give me advice.
once at the skatepark i met this kid. we talked a little, and he seemed cool. when i first saw him i was ranking on the way he looked. but like.. i saw his eyes, and then, from meeting him that one time for not long at all, i began thinking of him non stop, how wack is that? one day, like a month or so later, i drove my 2 friends out to his house 30 mins away to go skating, ever since then i think about him everyday. but its like i didn;t even know him!!!!!!! THEN, the oter night, we hung out all night. i picked him up from the train station, then got my other friend, and we drove far away, to some skatepark. then i picked them up, we came back to my town and chilled. i don;t know, he was flirty with me.. and aahhh i like him a lot now. he is so funny and nice and everything. i even drove him all the way home at the end of the night, and i don;t know... i just like him. i know his number, and his aol name, but its like i would feel annoying alking to him.. what if he just acted the way he did cuz i was the only girl arond, and he just doesn;t like me? aahh he is so great i like him so much, and i don;t know what to do. i am thinking i should wait till we hang out again, which will probably be a long time away, and see how he acts then, and then try and do something. aahh i have no confidence. what would you do if you were me? yeah ypourprobably gonna say call him, and I WILL NOT, or talk to him online, but about WHAT??? should i get one of our friends to say somethin to him? but i dont want to make things awkward as friends. aaahhhh this sucks.i cant stop thinking about him

Posts: 1 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sugarplum, asking how to initiate something with him without talking to him in any venue is a little like asking how to get into a room without walking through the door or climbing through the window. Unless Scotty can beam you up, there are very few options.

If I were you, I'd give him a ring. I would NOT sick a friend on him -- indirect means like that will ONLY cause trouble, and while it makes for great comedy, it doesn't make for good relationships.

If you're not really ready to initiate relationships on your own, then you're not ready. And while that's certainly okay, it means that you need to let something like this sit until you get the gumption to handle it yourself.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

"If you're a bird, be an early early bird --
But if you're a worm, sleep late." - Shel Silverstein

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi filler,

IMO, the best thing is always to take matters into your own hands instead of having friends get involved as well.

I'd actually indeed talk to him. If calling him or IMing him are not your thing, why don't you create a situation when you too can do something together and also talk? You two obviously share an interest in skating, so why don't you just ask him whether he'd like to go to that "new Skatepark" that you both haven't been to or whatever.

Come on, get all your energy together and do something, it's not that hard to!

Good luck!

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lilnerd
Activist
Member # 1194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lilnerd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the matter with talking to him online? If he wanted to come 1/2 an hour away from where he lives to chill with you I'm sure he won't be annoyed to talk. But, I think what you said is true...since you don't really know the kid maybe you should wait to hang out with him once more before you let him know you dig him. That way you can be sure, and see if there are any vibes of him feeling the same way.

------------------
"Live a balanced life - Learn some and think some, and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some."
~~ Robert Fulghum, author ~~

Posts: 543 | From: NY | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ooops....and Miz S was quicker again...

------------------
Just a regular lunatic.
Go inside Alaska's head...

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About the whole junior high thing of getting a friend to ask out a guy for you or something like that...

imho, it's a cop out and you're a chicken if you can't just go up and talk. *makes clucking noises*

c'mon, he's a guy. the worst thing he could do is say no, and even then, your world will not crumble and end. you can still skate.

------------------
Inspected by Number 26

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
star1120
Activist
Member # 1624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for star1120     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
alright, here's what i've got to say. (thank you captain obvious!) anyways. okay, you've hung out with this guy once or twice, right? okay, you like him, or...what you know of him. i was in that same position. i met a guy new years eve, eve. (dec 31) at a party. we were also at the same party new years eve. i was very interested with this boy! he's great! and on the 3rd of jan. my best friend, her ex (who is now a good friend) ryan, (her ex's friend, my interest from the party) and i went to the mall and to applebee's, all just as friends. it was a lot of fun just hanging out. so... our situations are a bit similar. what did i do? you may ask.
well, i am the type, like you, that usually sits around and waits for a boy. i've noticed that this strategy does not work. therefore, i got his number, called him up...he wasn't home... we played phone tag that nite and the next day. when we finally got to talk, i asked him "would you like to go do something sometime?" and...he said yes! and we went out on jan 11th, thursday to be exact! haha! as you can probably tell, i really like ryan. and we're getting closer to hooking up every time we hang out!
so i say call him. you've got nothing to lose, he lives a half hour away! go for it!

------------------
" Life move pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

Posts: 183 | From: ohio, usa | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.