Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » My best friend controls my life

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My best friend controls my life
Kiara T
Neophyte
Member # 2434

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kiara T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys....well, me and my best friend Jenna have been friends for about 3 years.
She's a really person but she goes out of her way to embarass me and to make me feel bad. Like one time at our Summer Camp, she set this plan up with this guy I liked and got his sister to say that he liked me. So I flirted with him and then I told him I liked him. She paid him to act like he liked me.
Not only that, she told my whole class that my mom kept lots of condoms on her top drawer, and that was totally untrue. Because of her I used to be head cheerleader, now I'm head loser. I'm sick of her. But I don't wanna ditch her. What do I do?

Posts: 5 | From: San Pedro, CA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamaalli
Activist
Member # 1917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mamaalli     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Girl, find a new friend. I had friends like that too, in the past. They are just a drag...friendships should be mutual, right? She is obviously not being the kind of friend that you need. I can see an enemy doing those sorts of things, but not a best friend. It is probably hard, since you have been close for so long. The unfamiliar is scary! But take the leap, find a new friend. You may feel lonely for a while, until you find someone new. But there are better friends waiting out there. Surround yourself with people who nurture and support you. Friends should bring laughter, not tears.

You don't even have to "ditch her". Just seek out new friends, make new connections. As you spend more time with these people, you will spend less time with her. It sounds like the relationship is so shaky already, so with less time spent together, it will dissolve on its own. Good luck!!

Posts: 85 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBelle
Neophyte
Member # 2286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBelle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can you even think about being her friend still? If your friends don't make you feel like the awesome chica you are then just say "see ya!"
Good luck!

------------------
*Morning is my enemy, I love to sleep* :)

Posts: 16 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think she's a really good person if she sets up elaborate plans to embarass you.

What she has done to you is totally rude, not to mention innapropiate. Does she have any known reason to do it? Are you equally rude to her, is she insecure?

It's sounds to me that you are an incredibly nice and caring person to still be putting up with this, so I doubt you've wronged her. If she's insecure, she's putting you down to make herself feel better.

Talk to her about it first, tell her it bothers you, and you want it to stop. If she doesn't stop, then for your own self esteem, ditch her. Maybe she'll get the message.

------------------
Mens' magazines feature pictures of naked women. Womens' magazines feature picture of naked women. This is beacuse the female body is beautiful and delicate, while the male body is lumpy and hairy and should not be seen by the light of day.

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is one thing to hurt and embarrass a friend unknowingly. It is another to plan and plot just to hurt a friend.

Hon, get a new friend. This girl does not understand the meaning of friendship. Drop her.

I honestly cannot stand such people and I honestly see no hope in such a friendship. Sorry for being blunt but that is how I really feel.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muddcookie
Activist
Member # 2191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muddcookie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow how can you stand anyone that seems like their after you?

I'm kind of paranoid and i always get the feeling my friends are trying to make me look stupid, but that doesn't really happy alot. i guess i feel bad about it and move on, but those intentional rumors are bad bad bad!!! I guess if i found out anyone was doing that to me even my best friend i would definatly open a can o' whoop @$$.

hehe sounds harsh, but you can't get walked all over by the people you supposedly are to trust. find a new friend and forget about her. i find once you ignore someone they get the idea and move on. if they don't move on and the problems get serious then you can always go to some outside help like from a guidance counselor. isn't that what they're there for hope things go betters*

------------------
~*i climbed your arms and you pulled away new cavity moved into my heart today the more she sings the more it seems that now im through with you~*

Posts: 76 | From: ny | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super BubbleGum Gurl
Activist
Member # 2456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Super BubbleGum Gurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's just sick...paying a guy to like you?
Anywayz, if I were you, I'd ditch her. She might be a cool person, but she's ruining your life and that (to me) ain't cool!!
There's millions of ppl out there who will treat you better than her. You'll see.

------------------
If 2 wrongs don't make things right, try 3!

[This message has been edited by Super BubbleGum Gurl (edited 01-22-2001).]

Posts: 54 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.