Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Two years younger!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two years younger!
angeldevil_23
Neophyte
Member # 1724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for angeldevil_23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I'm a junior, and this freshman really likes me. We made out, and I really don't want to hurt him, but I think it might be weird to go out with a freshman. What should I do?

------------------
"Wanna put my tender
heart in a blender, watch
it spin round to a
beautiful
oblivion...rendez-vous
then I'm through with

Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lostinluv
Neophyte
Member # 1467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lostinluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you say no to someone ONLY because he's younger than you?

No,I won't.

At least Dorathy, one of my best friends' sister will answer you in this way. She's now leading a happy life with her husband,who was 5 years younger than her the first night he dated her,and still is now.

Posts: 6 | From: Mars | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ella
Activist
Member # 1168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend dated someone two years younger then her last year. We were in our Senior Highschool year and he was a sophomore (2nd year). It waasn't strange, in fact they're still together. We all thought it was kind of sweet.

They didn't have any real problems, I mean come on it's only two yearss, except that he didn't come to Prom, she went with a friend. As long as you feel that the person is emotionally as old as you then it's all fine.

Enjoy your new feeling and don't worry about the age.

Posts: 303 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daisyluv
Activist
Member # 446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daisyluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have gone out with someone 2 years younger than me and I loved him. We went out for 6 months, we broke up cause we were headed in totally opposite directions. But if you want to go out with him and vise versa then go for it and I hope you two (if you go out) are very happy together

------------------
*~ Daisy ~*

"Cute is for puppies, Adorable is for me."

Posts: 123 | From: My House, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Astarte
Neophyte
Member # 671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Astarte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My last boyfriend was 2 years younger than me. We went out for 5 months... it wasn't a relationship that was going to last forever, but we loved each other, and it was good. So, why not?

------------------
--Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.--

Posts: 34 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
age differences aren't for everyone. personally, i will automatically reject a guy if he is younger than me by so much as a day. that is a personal preferance. maybe i've missed out on a few great guys that way, but i cannot deal with my own nagging discomfort knowing that i'm older.

but ignore me and think whether you like this guy. do you like him? really like him? then age should not matter. but if for some reason the age difference *really* bothers you that much, then it's going to be a difficult thing to overlook in a relationship. it's a big thing for me.

fortunately, you are in high school, and from here, age gaps start to narrow a bit. frosh and junior aren't too far off. many of my friends dated, or are still dating, younger guys.

okay, in all, judge how much the age difference bothers you. if it's not much or not at all, go for it.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XoXo Chasez
Neophyte
Member # 590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XoXo Chasez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey... I think it is perfectly normal. My boyfriend was a junior last year and I was a freshman and now he's a senior and I am a sophomore. Nothing is wrong with it. If you really like a person, age should not stop you and what people think shouldn't either. I hope everything works out for the best.

------------------
*Love is just one word, but it has too many meanings.*
*Trip over love and you can get up. Fall in love and you fall forever.*
*True love is when you're still dancing, long after the music has stopped.*
*If the only place where I could see you was in my dreams, I'd sleep forever.*
--------------------
* __ sarah __ *

Posts: 29 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KimmyP
Activist
Member # 613

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KimmyP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! Back when I was in highschool, it was looked down upon if a chick dated a YOUNGER guy. On the other hand, if you were a girl dating an OLDER guy, you were soo cool!

Looking back, everything looks so dumb! I missed out on a relationship with a guy I really liked just because he was younger AND because I cared more about what everybody thought!

If you like him, go for it.

------------------
Its ALL good :)

Posts: 54 | From: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.