Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Dad guilt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dad guilt
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just wondering if any of your dads are prome to giving you the guilt trip about sex.
I mean i really want to make love in the not so distant future to my bf as im sure youve read from past posts but when we come close my dad always pops into my head hes always told me how wrong it is to have sex b4 marrige as hes a quite strict catholic but i dont agree i think if you both love eachother and want to its YOUR choice but its so hard to forget his words as he tries to scare me off by saying things like "Do you want to complicate your life! or get pregnant!" He thinks that Sex will make me all warped or something. Im scared hes going to ruin it for me by warping my mind with all his opinions i dont want to think about all his scaremongering but i cant help it he's said this so many times. what do recon?

Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My Dad really never talked to me about sex, it was always my mom, but until recently my dad found out i was haveing sex with my boyfriend, he was and still is really upset with me, i mean i didnt mean to hurt his feelings cuz i love my dad so much, But my dad wont even hardly look at or even talk to me now. Im not saying your dads goin to react in the same way, all i'm sayin is you should think about it a little more, and think how much will it hurt your dad if you did have sex with your boyfriend....also you do have to becareful, your not ready to deal with the conceqences of sex, so be safe, get on birth control if you arent already and use a CONDOM....I hope I helped you a little...

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm terrified to tell either of my parents ... Mostly because i don't want to disappoint them. I know they're concerned and want the best for me, but people have to grow and you grow w/o making your own mistakes and learning from them. Being sheltered too much is not good ... It only makes you feel like you're flying high and nothing can touch you, and poeple get in trouble that way. I know, i've seen/been in both sides of the coin, i know what this is about and it's not fun either way. You get the freedom to do whatever you want but you have to talk ... or you sit in your room and pick your nose but you do'nt have to say **** about anything ... Hmm which would you choose?
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.