Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » bursting into tears

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bursting into tears
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay, something went seriously wrong today and i have no explanation for it.

i was having sex with my boyfriend, and suddenly, i felt completely overwhelmed and started crying. i don't mean overwhelmed as in a wave of awesome passion, either. I suddenly felt horrible.

he didn't notice i was crying until he finished up. then he felt really bad about it. I didn't know what to tell him, so I just told him I was hurting because he was thrusting way too hard (which was partially true, but I generally don't cry when I'm in pain).

I've been having one of my "spells" but i thought I was coming out of it. After he left, I spent the rest of the evening sleeping and sobbing.

what on earth would just upset me so much so out of the blue? i don't know what's wrong. i don't have the foggiest idea. i just feel like crap.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know i have done the exact SAME thing. i thought it was so weird i never knew anyone else whos had that happen to them.. my boyfriend and i were having sex and all of a sudden i started to cry and my boyfriend thought he was hurting me.. but really i couldnt even explain why i was crying! does anyone know why this happens???

------------------
PEACE

Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
negative*nancy
Activist
Member # 877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for negative*nancy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happened to me, too... so girl, you're not alone.

------------------
where is fancy bred? In the heart, or in the head?

Posts: 361 | From: toronto, ontario, canada | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has happened to me to where all of a sudden you start crying, it makes my boyfriend really sad... i guess you could be having "one of those days"...it happens, dont worrys, be happys BIG SMILES

------------------
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~
*~*~12/3/99*~*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pink
Activist
Member # 1071

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
r u depressed often gumdrop? u might have a manic depressive disorder. try getting a consultation.

------------------
u arent worthless if you can make someone laugh
there is a difference between being stupid and being ditzy. i ought to know

Posts: 615 | From: New York | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm not manic-depressive -- that requires you to have moments of intense elation, and i never feel like that.

but to be clinically depressed, you have to experience symptoms for a 6 month period, and i never have that either. i snap out after a few weeks.

it's nice to know that it's not just me, though. i guess if i'm crazy, then so is everybody else, and that's slightly more reassuring.

------------------
if you get the molasses, i'll set up the trampoline.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonbeam
Activist
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonbeam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sooooooooooooooo no what you mean its happend about 3 times when me+ bf have been intimate with eachother i suddently think about how happy he makes me+how much i love him and i cry for no reason! He only noticed once as i tried to contain myself quickly the last time i just told him my eye was watering! he he he! i dont know why it happens either.
Posts: 84 | From: Ireland.uk | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron
Activist
Member # 484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine we all have those experiences. It's hard when other are around, especially close friends because it makes them feel bad.

But hey, I wouldn't run off to the therapist (unless you feel like it) just because of that. Our psyche is a growing organism and not everything happens in our field of conscious thought. In fact, whe spend a lot of energy ignoring most of what is happening inside of our mind/bodies so sometimes we don't really know consciously what is happening with our selves.

Sometimes our mind body needs to cry. And sometimes our mind-body needs to call our conscious attention. Like hey come on, we need to get the pieces together here. there are definitely some things you need to deal with inside yourself, but hey, its OK babe.

I would suggest some time alone, just observing your mind, listening to your body, with no one around, no distractions. Just hear what its telling you--I'll bet its talking loud and clear. Then you'll know just what to do.

Posts: 364 | From: San Cristobal de Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sexual activity can cause intense emotions but guys, just out of curiousity, how many of you are on the pill?
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
U2girl
Activist
Member # 1524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for U2girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to know what is Intense elation?????

------------------
PEACE

Posts: 111 | From: Toronto, ont,canada | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U2girl,
Intense elation is basically just another way of saying intense happiness.

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ILOVECASEY
Neophyte
Member # 1615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILOVECASEY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOES IT HURT THE FRIST TIME YOU HAVE SEX? DOES IT FEEL GOOD? SO PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME THAT YOU SHOULD GET FINGURED FRIST BEFORE YOU HAVE SEX BECAUSE THEN IT WONT HURT AS BAD. IS THAT TRUE?
AFTER SEX DO YOU FEEL HAPPY?

Posts: 15 | From: MADSOIN,MN.US | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Person who loves Casey, please do not post in all captials. It makes it difficult to read and in the forum world on the Internet it means you are screaming.

To learn more about sexual intercourse, I suggest you read through the articles in the site. Start off with the ones listed under the frequently asked question (FAQ) area and then make your way around. It really is a great site and has most of the answers to your questions.

Start with clicking on the button on the top of the page that says Hey You! Lookie Here! Board Information and Help. That is where you can find the FAQ.

[This message has been edited by bettie (edited 13 October 2000).]

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.