Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Relationships » Not fair

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not fair
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 10 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, well my two best mates (lets call them A and T) have started pushing me out. theyre both guys and i understand that they need guy space and that they wont tell me every little thing. but recently both of them have been in bad moods and stuff. at first i put it down to stress and didnt press the issue.

Yet recently T stopped talking to me and A has become really distant and when i try to ask either of them whats up they both clam up and refuse to talk. then i find out later that they're both perfectly fine again because they spilled their hearts out to each other. now i really really do understand that they are young guys and probably are going through a stage where they just need each other. but they never had a problem talking to me about anything before and now i feel completely pushed out. also recently they both got girlfriends who are both really good mates with me anyway and they understand about us being best mates and stuff.

i just feel so unwanted adn un-needed. i dont see the point in talking anymore because i barely get a reponse. and i know some people will say im being silly and selfish, wanting them to tell me everything, but for the last few years, between them they've been my rock and ive always been there for them too. but now they're turning away.

i know they both still care about me because they're always trying to make sure i'm ok but they stopped telling me things and then when i get worried they tell me to stop worrying which makes me even more worried cos i think they have something to hide because it is quite clear they theres something wrong or theyre in a bad mood. i just dont understand anymore. it feels completely unfair of them to start leaving me out now.

i dont get it anymore. do you think they're fed up of me or what?...does anyone have even the tiniest bit of advice?!

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mochachoco
Neophyte
Member # 23793

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mochachoco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You won't know if they are fed up with you if there is no communication.
If there's no communication, then there can't be anything.
Maybe they just need alone time.

Posts: 11 | From: CAN | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppybluefrogs
Activist
Member # 22137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppybluefrogs         Edit/Delete Post 
i've tried to talk to them both numerous times and tonight really hit it on the head. i was talking to A and i said 'hey at least T was civil with me today' and all A said was 'we arent evil you know! and we didnt freeze you out you froze yourself out'.

i did no such thing. for a month now i've been trying to get them both to talk to me and i cant take it anymore. i even started cutting again. i'm not blaming them for making me start cutting again theres a lot of other stuff in my life going on too, but losing their support so suddenly made me feel so out of control and alone again. i dont know what i've done wrong!

and you're probably right they probably do want alone time but to suddenly just ditch me? hmm i think not

Posts: 228 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.