Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Birth control help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth control help
jsgirl108
Neophyte
Member # 108538

Icon 13 posted      Profile for jsgirl108     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't know what to do anymore. It's very rare that I go a day without a migraine, anxiety, or stomach pains and diarrhea. I also feel weak and depressed. Before I went on birth control I was usually a happy and bubbly girl. I started the pill a little over one year ago when I became sexually active. I'm still with the same guy and I just want to be happy with him, but I'm always sick and complaining. I hate going out because what if I have anxiety or what if I have to painfully use the bathroom. It's so miserable. Anyways, I think alot of this relates to my birth control. I tried talking to my mom about it and she says it's not the birth control and I need to stay on it. I feel like that's selfish of her to assume that it's not the pill. I understand she doesn't want me getting pregnant at 17 but there are other ways to prevent pregnancy, and I don't wanna be miserable on this pill. Also, I know going off the pill may be hard and won't solve all my problems but I feel like it's worth a shot to see if there's a difference. I'm seeing a therapist for anxiety, but nothing seems to work. My parents are going through a divorce and that causes me stress but I still think it's the pill causing all of my problems. What do I do?!
Posts: 1 | From: FL | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you started by talking to your prescribing physician about this?

If not, I'd say that's the very first step here. They can help you figure out if this is or isn't likely to be related to your pill -- or if some of it is, but some of it isn't -- and work with you from there. That might mean trying a different method of BC, or even a different pill if the pill is what you'd ideally like to use, checking into your digestive system to look for other (probably more likely) culprits, giving you a medication to give you relief from the migraines no matter what, etc.

But either way, this isn't something you'll be likely to suss out on your own, nor will your mother be able to. This is something to take to a healthcare provider, and certainly not stay suffering with.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68235 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.