Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Really confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Really confused
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Person A doesn't know that if someone consents to sex then passes out from drunkeness during you need to stop, and carries on for a while - because their other friend is sat with them, telling them it's consensual - then Person A feels ooky about it and thinks 'is this rape?' and stops. Is that rape on Person A's part?

Please help, this is driving me insane and I feel like my abuser. I feel like I'm making excuses for myself. I need clarity.

[ 10-16-2013, 08:21 AM: Message edited by: Saffron Raymie ]

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know the situation here besides what you're sharing, but no one can feel okay about anything when they're passed out, they are no longer awake to do that.

Too, I think it's pretty iffy to talk about someone not knowing that you can't have consensual sex with someone out cold. They'd likely know that was true for themselves, no? I mean, seriously, who doesn't know that who is of the age to be drinking or engaging in sex? For real?

The only situation I can work out with something like this where it's potentially consensual -- though it;d still be awfully unsafe -- is if two people talked ahead of time, arranging a scene where one person drunk to excess and, in advance, asked the other person to continue engaging in sex with them if and when they passed out. Even that seems mighty iffy to me, though.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntiePixie
Neophyte
Member # 108570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntiePixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edit

[ 10-16-2013, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: AuntiePixie ]

Posts: 7 | From: Southampton UK | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, thank you. Is there any way we could chat at the moment?

--------------------

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I am just quickly passing through before I have to pack and jump in a car to jump on a boat to then jump on a train to Portland to go do work there. [Frown]

I will be around very little from now through Friday night, but I will be back working some on Saturday.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Saffy,

If Heather can't chat, I'd be happy to talk with you via Scarleteen's live chat system if you're comfy with that and need to talk.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AuntiePixie
Neophyte
Member # 108570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AuntiePixie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edit

[ 10-16-2013, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: AuntiePixie ]

Posts: 7 | From: Southampton UK | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Sounds lovely Robin, will be in in a bit.

No worries, Max. [Smile]

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sure thing.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Actually I have to go to work; running out of time but thanks.

--------------------

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

No problem. If you need to chat later, or over the next couple of days, just post here, okay?

--------------------
Robin

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.