Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Rape and Molestation through the generations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rape and Molestation through the generations
4guyzand3galz
Neophyte
Member # 102910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4guyzand3galz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a survivor of rape and molestation, through my years learned my grandmother too was molested and raped..as well as my mom and now my daughter...That is 4 generations.
Days like today it makes me overwhelmed with sadness knowing how it feels to suffer from shame and isolation.
I get weepy as I sit here and type knowing how painful it was for my mom and grandmother without support and no where to share their stories.
Now my daughter faces this same struggle.
It's difficult for me to put words to my emotion right now but it frustrates me knowing how prevalent this is in our society.
Talking about this and sharing with others here feels right.
I may come across jumbled and disorganized but eventually it will make sense.

Posts: 17 | From: Pa | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4guyzand3galz
Neophyte
Member # 102910

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4guyzand3galz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I realized this might not be the proper forum to discuss this.
Posts: 17 | From: Pa | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.