Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » emotionally abuse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: emotionally abuse
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been emotionally abused my whole life. By my family and kids at school. It was hard because i would go to school and get harassed and then come home and it be there to. I have a hard time trusting people since i have been abandoned to many times. I dont know where to go or anything. I am trying coping skills its helping its also nice to talk to others who are going thro the same things. Anyone want to talk and we can try to help eachother?

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moonlight bouncing off water
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for moonlight bouncing off water     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not going through the same thing diamonddust, but I just wanted you to know that you have support before the boards go on breal some time today I guess.

--------------------
~moonlight

I am ME and that is the only label I need.

Posts: 863 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foreverbroken         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks ya i am feeling abandond and dont know what to do. Some days my dad is in a great mood and then others makes me feel like crap and i am a nosense. So i dont know what to do and feel and think anymore

--------------------
Im always abandond

Posts: 363 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
copper86
Peer Ambassador
Member # 95710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for copper86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was bullied a bit when I was little, so I do understand how you feel. I'm also similar to you in the way that I often take other people's views or opinions about me and project them onto myself - so, if one of my friends is having a bad day and he or she snaps at me or is mean to me, I automatically think badly of myself and think they're mad at me. However, as my mother and other people tell me: you can't control other people's responses or reactions to you or what you have to say. However, you can control how you respond. You can choose to let their actions not affect you (I know that is easier said than done, but even thinking that way might help).

I'm really sorry that you are feeling alone. I often feel like that too, even though I consciously know that I have people in my life who care for me. I am sure that you have people in your life who care for you and want the very best for you. We care for you here, too. Is there a relative or close friend you could talk to about how you're feeling?

Try to take care of yourself by doing favourite activities - going for a walk, having a bath, drawing, writing, or hanging out with friends, whatever makes you feel good - and know that you are important and valued. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
"I do the best that I can. I'm just what I am." - Rush (Best I Can)

Posts: 692 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, diamonddust. I was emotionally and verbally abused by my ex-stepfather, and also had negative experiences from elementary through high school with peers, so I consider my interpersonal skills to be somewhat mediocre. Whatever self-esteem I had been holding onto has been in tatters for awhile.

So I understand how hard it can be to formulate an image of yourself that is different from the negative stuff constantly bombarding you all the time. But, as I've read about you in another post, you seem to be grasping onto some really positive and true revelations concerning yourself, so hats off for that! [Smile] Keep at it, because you are a wonderful person and you deserve to feel GOOD about yourself.

If you would like to talk more about your feelings of loneliness and abandonment, you can certainly do that. We'll be here to listen and support you. [Smile]

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

thanks i appreciate it. Its harder for me with my disability. So I struggle a lot. I dont know where to go or what to do.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Sans
Peer Ambassador
Member # 91788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By "not knowing where to go or what to do", are you referring to a career path, a choice to be made in your current situation, or something else?

--------------------
"Sneak away, sneak away / If the fate is too sad / You are not a flower of hell / That kind of place... / Don't become lost, don't become lost... / Or you won't be able to grasp the entangled hand / The cry also has a limit...." - Naraku no Hana

Posts: 537 | From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

with how i am feeling and how to manage all of whats goin on with me at the moment. I am going in to Social Work with a minor in Chemical Dependency. So that part I do know its the other part on how to live life or not and so on. I am not harmfull to myself in any way tho

--------------------
Im always abandond

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Real Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going thru the same thing and just yesterday at home it had been so bad i was considering just killing myself but was too scared to go thru with it but i did cut my wrist and arms up bad and i havent done that ever until then. I am really bad off and it is really hard. so if u wanna talk im here.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Posts: 89 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Real Me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also could talk to somebody. cuz honestly im scared whats gonna next..........

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Posts: 89 | From: Georgia, USA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Real Me,

Want to check in with you about those cuts. Do they need to be checked out by a doctor? What are you doing to keep things clean and make sure there are no infections?

If you are thinking seriously about suicide, that's a clear sign that it's time to get some help from someone, whether it's a doctor or a counsellor, or both. Do you have someone in your life whom you trust to help you with this?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

The cuts are no so bad that i need to go to the doctor and i have been keeping them washed and used proxcyde onthem and a ointment too.

I also feel i dont have anybody to trust with this. Everybody, even parents turned their backs on me. [Frown]

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm glad to hear you're keeping them clean, and am sorry to hear you feel like everyone has turned their backs on you. I think we might have talked about this before, but my memory isn't what it used to be: are you in school?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

i dont know what to do anymore. I cant handle this pain. I cut last night on both wrisits. My parents compared me to a hooker on meth. [Frown] so basically i am not worth anything. I have been abdononed by everyone. Please i dont know anymore. I am sorry to everyone i have not been perfect. The person that you all want me to be, i have no friends or anything. My parents hate me so i cant even rely on them. I cant move to my own place i cant get a job.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
diamonddust: you noted in another thread, you are back at college right now.

So, can you go ahead, tonight or tomorrow, and go to student health services to make clear you need mental healthcare ASAP?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68053 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

they dont have free therapy. I can afford the 150 a session. My mom does not think i need to talk to someone, she was like you cant talk to so meone 24/7. So i dont know what to do. [Frown] i have no money. I know there is places for free to low cost i dont know how to really find it tho.

--------------------
Im always abandond

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

the real me. I have dont that to. I think it will be nice to talk and offer eachother support. Do you want to start another thread so its not so confusing in the ya me or something?

--------------------
Im always abandond

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Yeah i would diamonddust.

And no i am not in school. Im currently working on getting my G.E.D. Robin

--------------------
*The Real Me*

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

whats going on at home?

--------------------
Im always abandond

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

Well basically my dad has been nonstop yelling, cursing, and calling me terrible things; My mom has been yelling at me alot and says she cant believe she had a f*** up like me and i cant help i am Bipolar and ADD; Everyday i get beat up by siblings and they say horrible things you couldnt believe; My parents hold me back from everything and i feel like i have no space or freedom to breathe; And to top it all off we are terribly struggling with money. Its SOOOO hard to even live in my own house and i honestly scared to death.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

ok well talk to your dad. Let it go in one ear out the other. Yes that is a lot harder then it seems. How old are you? I have that going on with me to. I know how it goes. Do you like to exercise? Maybe try that, get in shap if its needed. Are you on any meds? When did you get diagnosed with Bipolar and ADD? Can you go to your room and stay away from your siblings and parents? Do you have any trusted adult you can confind in? If so talk to them. There is only so much someone can do via internet. I need in person help as well. Talk to someone you can trust.

--------------------
Im always abandond

The Real Me
Activist
Member # 96324

*I am 16 years old.
*I exercise-i hiphop dance alot.
*Yes i do take meds. I was dianosed at 5 with ADD and 8 with Bipolar.
*Yes i do go to my room but still they keep it up.
*And no it seems everybody i been close to has stabbed me in the back which makes it hards.

--------------------
*The Real Me*

Robin Lee
Member # 90293

HI The Real Me,

I'm just now getting back to you with some resources. I apologize for the wait, as it's pretty clear you're in need of some outside help.

First of all, here is the number for a toll-free crisis line. I'm looking for one local to your area, but in the meantime you can call this one if you need to talk to someone.

800-273-8255

To support your family with the financial difficulties you're all having, here's a resource you and your family can try.

1-877-423-4746

--------------------
Robin

foreverbroken
Activist
Member # 96418

Robin please can i talk to you? I really need someone to talk to. I am sorry please tho give me a chance.

--------------------
Im always abandond

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.