Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Project Unbreakable -- You are a survivor.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Project Unbreakable -- You are a survivor.
Cian
Activist
Member # 44405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to share with abuse and rape survivors this wonderful project I came across today. I have not been abused or raped, but the statistics speak for themselves. 1 in 4, or up to 1 out of 2 women have been through sexual assault or abuse. It left me shattered thinking that it could be anyone I know. My sisters, my mother, my aunts, my friends, my family and loved ones. Anyone could be an abuse survivor and I just did not know.

So deeply touched by this notion and so vastly moved by the strength, courage and perseverance of survivors, I really wanted to share with you all Project Unbreakable. Trigger warning, but I wish you all will find the right time to use this resource to know you are not alone, you are not at fault, and you are a survivor.

http://projectunbreakable.tumblr.com/
http://projectunbreakable.tumblr.com/post/18913383586/faq

Posts: 239 | From: Europe | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've come across this project before, and think it's totally great. There can be such power in repeating something that hurt us the most, shining light on it to make it lose its power, or connecting in this way with others so we know we're not alone. I've intended to contribute myself, when I'm finally in a space for it.

Thanks for posting it, Cian, and for your deeply sensitive and understanding words of support.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.