Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Documenting emotional/verbal abuse incidents

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Documenting emotional/verbal abuse incidents
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

So things with my mom's husband are getting pretty bad and I think that keeping records, if nothing else, would be helpful to me. In case he ever actually took a swing at one of us it would be good to have some records of the constant abuse.

Do you know of any sheets I could find online to print and fill out? I'm thinking of checklists of abusive behaviours, space for date, time, victim impact, other relevant things that I can't think of, and a place to write notes? If not, can you think of what I could put on a worksheet to print for myself? I know that the actual notes would have to be in pen to be legally relevant.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now for example: cursing and grumbling about something that he feels was left out of place. I can hear him. He's not far. Soon the name-calling will start.
Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

This is what I've got so far (most of it is borrowed from a workplace incident report form):

quote:
Abuse report template

Name of person completing the form:

Date of incident : Time: am/pm

Location of incident:

What was taking place when the incident occurred?

Other persons present at the time:

Name of perpetrator

Description of incident:
Were any injuries sustained? Y / N

If yes, Name of injured person:
Details of injuries:

Was any property or equipment damaged? Y / N

If yes, details of damage:
What was the trigger of the incident?
Were any warning signs evident prior to the incident? Y / N

If so, list them: What action was taken, if any, to try and address the situation prior to the incident occurring?

Signed: _______________________________

Date: _______________

Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It looks like that just about covers it, and then some. I'd say the most important bits for your situation are the date, the duration, who was involved and what happened.

I'm sorry to hear you're living with such nasty, abusive behaviour.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.