Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Would you consider this rape?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you consider this rape?
Star Burton
Neophyte
Member # 94519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Burton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a year ago, I had vaginal sex with a guy who was much more experienced than I. He had been my first everything else, and a part of me felt obligated to have my first sex with him as well. I said yes when the idea was proposed, but there was hardly any foreplay, and I hurt. I was so tight that he had to force himself in, and I ripped and bleed afterward. I felt no pleasure, and occasionally said to slow down or stop, but he would gently say "It's okay" and resume after a short break. It wasn't like he was trying to rape me; he wanted me to feel the pleasure of sex, and was under the impression that the first time would ALWAYS hurt for the girl (but I don't doubt he wanted the sex as well). Neither of us finished, and I left feeling dirty. But I still consider myself a virgin, because A) I couldn't even feel him inside me, and B) there was no bond made. It was just straight up f-wording (I can't think of a more correct way to discribe it). This guy is a very complicated guy, who communicated mainly through touch; to the point that sex was just something he did when he was close to someone. It was just the natural next step for him. I don't say he intentionally raped me, because I did say yes, and I have no intention of reporting him (not like there's any evidence left anyhow).
I did take a good thing away from this; I realized I care too much about not disappointing my Christian parents (I'm atheist myself) to truly enjoy premarital sex. Sucks, because I can't even get off on masturbation.

Anyhow, the whole point of this is one thing: would you consider what happened to me rape?

Posts: 9 | From: Behind you! | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rape or sexual assault is most broadly defined as sexual activity without consent or without full consent.

Am I understanding here that you asked this person to stop at one point -- or, from the sounds of things, more than once -- and they refused to?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Burton
Neophyte
Member # 94519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Burton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They would stop, and then continue when I had calmed down.
Posts: 9 | From: Behind you! | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Calmed down meaning stopped asking them to stop and become silent and passive? Or calmed down meaning you either invited them to continue or became positively responsive when they did?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Burton
Neophyte
Member # 94519

The first, but I would make sounds of pain.
Heather
Member # 3

Like, "Ow!" or "Oh that hurts?"

I don't mean to pick nits here, but the trouble is that sounds of pleasure and sounds of pain, when they're not words, can sound very similar, especially if the other person doesn't know the difference between our "Oh" that means oh, yes, and the one that means, ouch, no. It's also tough if we're talking about a relationship where there was little to no verbal communication, and that was something you were okay with and accepted, including sexually, which can set a precedent.

Really, though, since we're getting down to such specifics here, what you'll most likely need to do is to consult your own gut feelings here about if this was assault or not.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Star Burton
Neophyte
Member # 94519

Both.

I feel it was... but I told his yes. So I don't blame him, but he knows I didn't like it.

Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Star Burton; when you asked him to stop, did you mean stop for a break or stop completely? What exactly did you say? Did he just stop moving, or pull out when you said stop?

Silence after someone's asked us to stop isn't consent to start again.

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.