Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Is that rape?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is that rape?
MinnieJayJay
Neophyte
Member # 95082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MinnieJayJay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been with this boy for a VERY long time but he's getting really abuse. &&' I was by him and he jst kept forcing himself on me. I didn't say 'no' to anything but I didn't want it either or I didn't say 'yes'.... So does that mean I was raped? I'm not sure and I dnt know what to do now... I'm really scared right now
Posts: 3 | From: New Orleans | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rape or sexual assault/abuse is when someone does something sexual on, inside or to someone else without their consent or against their will.

The current FBI definition of rape is: "The penetration, no matter how slight, of the vagina or anus with any body part or object, or oral penetration by a sex organ of another person, without the consent of the victim."

So, yes, you seem to be describing sexual assault, and you also seem to be saying you're currently with someone who is being abusive to you, perhaps in various ways.

So, first things first: are you somewhere safe, where you are not with this person and can stay away from this person?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MinnieJayJay
Neophyte
Member # 95082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MinnieJayJay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can stay away from him, but he will always pop up by me
Posts: 3 | From: New Orleans | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure what you mean by that: is he someone you see regularly, like at school?

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MinnieJayJay
Neophyte
Member # 95082

I see him at school, but sometimes he pops up at my house. I dnt want to see him anymore but he won't go away
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's your living situation like? Can you let your parent(s) or whoever you live with know that this guy is a problem, and that you need them to help keep him away from you? It may also be worth talking to the authorities at your school. Reporting him to the police is another option.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.