Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Confused.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Confused.
greeneyes7
Neophyte
Member # 51399

Icon 5 posted      Profile for greeneyes7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.
I'm not so sure about this, it's my first post, but I have no other place to go..
When I was 13, I was molested and I guess a fear of men and "sex" grew with me. It wasn't the last time I was abused..
One big blow to my life was during my 4-year relationship with a guy who recently forced me into having "back-door" sex.. It was probably one of the most horrific things I've ever been thru since it happened repeatedly, and I couldn't or just didn't stop it. We broke up, but I still feel so hurt. Now I tear up just at the thought of sex or masturbation or anything if my mind wonders or fantasizes..
It gets to the point where I'm officially scared and I really have trust issues. I talk to no-one about my problems, and feel so lost.
My clitoris even hurts when I touch it.

I don't know what to do, and I don't feel normal, happy nor confident.

Can some-one who understands me reply? This is my last try.

Posts: 3 | From: Lebanon | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi greeneyes7:Welcome to Scarleteen.

I'm sorry you went through this, and please know we're here to help in any way we can. Have you thought about seeking out some kind of counseling? A lot of times when we're struggling the most, counseling can be the kind of outlet that really starts to bring things together. Also, have you thought about trying writing, drawing, etc. as an outlet for some of these feelings?

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greeneyes7
Neophyte
Member # 51399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greeneyes7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I can't exactly afford counselling, and even if I could, I wouldn't be able to talk to my family about it since they would definitely find out...
I am a writer, I already have an outlet for my emotions, I just wanna solve them.. I feel as though I need to change myself in some way, to FEEL happy again and not be so damn paranoid all the time.

I recently tried ADD medicine to cheer me up, but the aftermath was horrible.. I mean, I'm no suicidal person, just dramatic because I feel abnormal. What's the solution here? No man seems interested in me, I can't seem to make any friends, and my priorities are all f*d up.
It's a mess.

Posts: 3 | From: Lebanon | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ADD medication isn't an anti-depressant. I also don't see feeling upset about this as being dramatic: you've experienced trauma, after all.

Counseling for rape and other kinds of abuse can often be found at no cost in many areas. I'd be happy to help you see what might be available for you if you're interested.

If you're not yet, and want to try and forge out on your own with this, then what's probably your next best step are some books about childhood sexual abuse and partner abuse.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.