Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » flashbacks, nightmares.. body memories??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flashbacks, nightmares.. body memories??
petitepois
Neophyte
Member # 49255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for petitepois     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I recently posted on this site and have been greatly helped...

I had a follow up question regarding some things I've been experiencing since delving into the abuse I experienced a relationship I was in when I was 16(-18).

Since writing a letter to my ex (not to send, just venting) I've had a massive increases in frightening nightmares (where someone is trying to rape me)... and then even when I'm awake I can sometimes feel like things are happening to me- it'll just fall upon me out of the blue. I haven't been able to get in with my therapist- shes been highly booked, so I won't see her till Monday. So finally I'm looking for help in places until I can meet with her.

Thanks so much

Posts: 21 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bookwormfairy
Peer Ambassador
Member # 44107

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bookwormfairy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The same thing happened to me after I wrote a letter to my ex. I had increasing nightmares of getting raped and sometimes upon waking I could still sense something was happening.

I've read your other post, I was going to write something but Heather replied with pretty much with what I would have wrote but with much more detail and info.

The nightmares fade away with time. It's been a while since I have had any. Just hang in there until Monday.

--------------------
~Lillian

Posts: 263 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Petitepois,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still being haunted with the nightmares and that you can't see your therapist till Mon. Have you asked her for a referal that might help untill you can see her? Also, try to remember that you have a very supportive husband! You might try to find some distractions that might help you stay in the present were thing are better!

Good Luck & You'll Make It!
Dan

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.