Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » Insane Parents

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Insane Parents
LifesaJoke
Neophyte
Member # 49205

Icon 9 posted      Profile for LifesaJoke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents abuse me and makes me think that i am the wrong one they even threaten to sent me into some sort of disiciplinary camps over here in singapore. I rmb ever since i went into primary sch they went crazy paranoid over my studies. My father always gives us death threats for nothing i din do nothing and he would pop out with a chair on his hand and say he would'nt care if he landed in jail for killing me. The first time i really got it it's when i was 6 i was just playing with shampoo then afterwards he punished me for it threw me around the house made me few like a useless junk he shove me and slaps me then make me kneel down on the altar thing in my house till the joss stick finish burning.Im not the sort that would pretend nothing is wrong and live on but instead they were the ones complaining they always talked rubbish about me not bathing till late or not eating or being stubborn to my grandmother and other relatives i never once complained about them even though there were treating me badly but they have the cheek to. I rmb once they were all shouting and screaming in the morning then i woke up i sat beside my brother and ask him wads going on then suddenly i see a broom from behind whacking on my brother's head He was bleeding just wore his sch shoe slams the door and ran out.He told me he was just going to sch early to play football. My mom's is the idiot she's always the one screaming in the house then my father would wake up and start hitting people up i cant rmb how many times he hit me but everytime it's for no good reason. The worst thing is they don't do wad parents do they expect me to wash my own clothes and shoes at the age of six and iron my school uniform? I took it upon myself and thought this was the right way that time.But they did nothing expect putting money on the table for me i never had a birthday party i even had to ask for one and they would tease me saying "how old are u and u still want a party u think ur're still a baby?" I was confused as hell it made me feel like im old when i was under 10 when my relatives buy me a drink or anything i din learn how to accept gifts and often i would reject it cause i felt i dont deserve anything since my own parents would'nt buy me anything, not even clothes.I was powerless and abused but i am confused am i really abused? because they were the ones complaning instead of me. My daily lives back then where coming back from sch getting threatened to get whacked then going to bed and the same thing over and over again. They nv brought me to other countries or anything they totally did nothing for me except hurting me. Im 16 now and i haven been out of singapore even once.I tell some friends about it they would'nt reply and would change the topic i don understand mabye the tone i speak to them about it sounds not serious but im the sort that would nv complain and take it upon myself wadever happens. I need help. Now they are thretening to sell the house ,my friends are all here. Those things that hurt me when i was a child keep accumilating i cant even rmb how many crazy times it happened sometimes i cant rmb excatly wad the problem is because they act as if they did nothing wrong and everything is my fault. (IT IS NOT my FAULT ) Dont even doubt me.
I don't know what im suffering from but when i think about my childhood it would start hurting .It i were to write everything down it would be a book instead. Everytime i think about it i become confused.

Posts: 3 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My best advice, LifesaJoke, is to call the Singapore Child Protection Services Hotline (MCYS) at 1-800-258 6378 and see what they have to say about your situation.

I'm unfortunately completely out of touch with how child protection works per the system in Singapore, so I don't want to inadvertently give you wrong or bad advice.

By all means, if after you talk to them you want to talk more here, or hash out your choices with us and get feedback, I'm glad to help. I just think before we do that, you should find out more about what your options are, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LifesaJoke
Neophyte
Member # 49205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LifesaJoke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't need protection. The problem is they think they're doing fine and im the one thats wrong, that is too ridiculous for me to take. my childhood is aready ruined by them yet they think im the one. My brother is so pissed that he move to stay with my grandma.
They can only think one way they will never blame themselves for anything.
I want them to get punished.

Posts: 3 | From: Singapore | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Child protection services is generally the agency that takes care of justice for young people. I suggested them to you because that's who can take action both to assure your safety, but also to take reports and get the ball rolling if you want to press charges.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.