Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » What is my dad doing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What is my dad doing
NewRomantic
Neophyte
Member # 37193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewRomantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
About a month ago i told my parents i was moving out, my dad jumped to all conclusions to why i was leaving home like drugs and **** like that which i told both of them i just wanted my freedom and be with my girlfriend. My dad then jumped to further conclusions but in the end let it go, or so i thought.
i went home the other day and noticed bruising on my mums arm and round her wrists when i asked her she just ignored me and carried on the conversation, but when my dad came home she went very quiet and jumpy.
my dad has always been unpredictable but i didnt think he'd do any thing like that.
if he is abusing my mum what do i do

--------------------
Zach Attack

Posts: 4 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there any history of this in your family before now, Zach? When you say your dad is unpredictable, what do you mean?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NewRomantic
Neophyte
Member # 37193

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewRomantic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
he used to disappear,he'd be fine and then the littlest thing would make him snap and hes constantly paranoid.

--------------------
Zach Attack

Posts: 4 | From: england | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has your father ever been diagnosed with any sort of mental illness? Sounds to me like that's a possibility.

All the same, I'd try and talk to your mother again in the next few days: see if you can't suss out what happened. If it's made clear, or you strongly suspect, she's being abused, then the thing to do would be to contact your local family services branch for help.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NewRomantic
Neophyte
Member # 37193

I dunno
i hardly talk to him
but hes on some sort of anti depressant

--------------------
Zach Attack

NewRomantic
Neophyte
Member # 37193

I went back home today to see how my mum was and there was more bruising up her arms and like grip marks on her hands. When i asked her again she said it was nothing and i shouldnt worry about it but how can i not! I dunno what i should do im worried if i report this to any one he'll hurt my mum even more, that is if he is. Theres no reason why i shouldnt beleive what she's saying but i dont, My mums also asked me to move back home when ever im there my dad doesnt touch her or look at her. If i go back will it make this stop or make things worse.

--------------------
Zach Attack

wythershins
Neophyte
Member # 40366

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wythershins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Zach, I would suggest talking to an adult friend and get their "hypothetical" advice. Put it as a friend of yours is going through this. If that's not possible, talk to your mom, even if its just "I Love You Mom". My heart goes out to you, be strong, and I hope you find the courage to find the answers you're looking for.

--------------------
____

Once you go through something you think will kill you and it doesn’t, every day is like a present.
Elissa B. Terris

Posts: 3 | From: Middle of Nowhere, Midwest | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.