Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » promiscuity and past abuse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: promiscuity and past abuse
fuzzybunny
Neophyte
Member # 27292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fuzzybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
just wondering why this is happening and what i can possibly do to stop it.

my grandfather molested me when i was little, about nine or so (I think). i never remembered it until pretty recently, and now the memories keep coming back through nightmares and flashbacks, and i'm pretty certain it happened, although not really certain of the exact details. in any case, i've been having a lot of flashbacks during sex that leave me sobbing and so incredibly upset. but here's the catch: one would logically think taht i should just stop having sex, that i should leave well enough alone and just be celebate, cause then i don't have so much anxiety. but i seem to be driven to have as much sex as possible, with as many men as possible. and i know this is bad (always protected, though, jsut to get that out there). i've gotten into this horrible habit of getting myself drunk in order to have sex (less likely to panic that way) but it means i don't always remember the way things went, or i'm so drunk i'm passing out during the act, or i just end up having flashbacks anyways. its not even that i'm letting these random men take advantage of me; i'm always the aggressive one, the one that tries to get them into bed (no one has refused), the one that wants to be sexual. my freinds alll say this is true, say taht i'm a man-trap, especially when drunk.

the thing is, i don't even recognize when i'm being sexual. and i know i should stop drinking, but i've also gotten into the habit of using it as a way to cope with my everyday life, not drinking everyday, but promising myself that if i make it through the week i can get drunk on friday night. i can't imagine life sober, but know taht drinking is probably not helping me right now.

it just confuses me why i am so sexually agressive when every sexual encounter ends with me sobbing.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think you need to consider counseling. This sort of problem (both the drinking, and then putting yourself in repeated danger by having intercourse while intoxicated) has gotten far out of hand, and is something you can't seem to deal with on your own anymore. I think it is time to seek some professional help.

It would help if you would list where you live, town or city and state/country. That way we could give you a list of references/numbers.

--------------------
Abbie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Us? Keep Us Around by Donating!

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melody
Activist
Member # 11055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually is this a very real effect of sexual abuse. Not every victim becomes dealthy afraid of sex that they'll avoid it at all cost. That is the image many believe, or want us to believe, but it's just not true. It's only half of it. I think that quite a few sexually promiscuous women were sexually abused or raped at one point in their life. I know because I've been there before. Alcohol just numbs everything and plus it's like 'well I said no before and that didn't work...'

I'd seek out a good counsellor that can help you through this.

Posts: 81 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.