Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » his sexual abuse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: his sexual abuse
maroonmoon
Neophyte
Member # 17691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maroonmoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few months back, my boyfriend told me that he had been sexually abused a as a child...by another boy. We didn't get to discuss it for very long. He kinda said it out of the blue. Sometimes I'd like to ask him questions like why he never told anyone (while it was going on) and how long it lasted and what exactly hapenned. Years? But I would feel terrible it I brought up this awfully painful subject unnecessarily. Should I bring it up?
Posts: 15 | From: Mass USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babydoll86
Activist
Member # 16551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babydoll86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you were to bring it up-- bring it up lightly. lightly meaning... "remember when you told me about you being abused, that hurts me and i was wondering if you would wanna talk about it" and if he declines tell him that you are there for him and open to anyhting he has to say. BE SUPPORTIVE! i'm really sorry this has to happen to ya. you should do fine.
Posts: 131 | From: IL., US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maroonmoon
Neophyte
Member # 17691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maroonmoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I shouldn't ask about it. Answers to my questions wouldn't improve our relationship (not that it needs anything improved) but it could hurt him...making him think about those bad times. It could possibly bring us closer together, sharing a secret like that. But I don't feel that's more important than his happiness. I can be happy either way.
Posts: 15 | From: Mass USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.