Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » to help a friend( relpy fast if possible)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: to help a friend( relpy fast if possible)
DAR_S_GIRL_4402
Neophyte
Member # 9525

Icon 4 posted      Profile for DAR_S_GIRL_4402     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two friends that I work with. One is a girl the other a guy. The girl I work with has a boyfriend, and he treats her TERRIBLE! He has even hit and pushed her. They broke up for a while and she started to like the guy that we work with. He is the exact opposite from her b/f. He is sweet, kind,and is crazy about her. He would do anything for her. her b/f i think might end up doing something crazy, maybe hurt her even. they got back together. He (the b/f) cused me out on the internet and then on the phone the other night. he calls her a bitch and a slut. It is sooo hard to see her with him when we all know that the guy we work with would treat her wonderful. I don't know how to help. I need some advice quick! thanks
Posts: 4 | From: IL | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chicklet170
Neophyte
Member # 10086

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chicklet170     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off you need to get her to admit that what her b/f is doing to her is not only unhealthy and dangerous for her, but to her family and friends also. As soon as she has done that, You need to tell her to tell a parent or a police officer about him. That is Spousal Abuse and he can be put away for that, and your friend can have a chance to move on. She is scared, she doesn't know how to handle the situation, she needs support from friends, family and others around her. This is a serious thing, and it needs some serious attention. Its not a phase this guy will go through, this is a problem, one he needs to deal with and suffer the consequences for. My thoughts are with her, and you, good luck.

------------------
~*Kala*~

Posts: 6 | From: Covina, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.