Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Abuse & Assault » I'm so angry!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm so angry!
*meg*
Neophyte
Member # 28409

Icon 8 posted      Profile for *meg*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This kind of relates to another one of my posts before! The one about me being raped....
Basically, i have jus found out that about a month ago the same guy was bragging to everybody that he had slept with me without a condom! About how i really wanted it and we had unprotected sex! He's told like ALL of my friends and loads of other people that know me and they all believed him! I am so angry!!! Everyone thinks that im a complete slag because i slept with him while he had a girlfriend, and now he's gone and told everyone we had unprotected sex when he clearly forced himself on me! What am i supossed to do now!?!?

Posts: 29 | From: Gloucestershire | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if they're really your friends, they'll believe you when you say that you obviously didn't do it because you wanted to!! Do you know the guy's girlfriend (or ex if that's the case). You should tell her about what happened if you do, and try to see if you do something about it. What about pressing charges against this guy?

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fall Out Boy
Activist
Member # 28454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fall Out Boy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*meg* , first, my heart truly goes out to you.
second, I think you should have this mother****er charged with rape if you can
third, I think you should taslk to you friends. as Nailo rightly said, if they truly are your friends, they'll beileve you
finally; talk to this GF and explain the situation . thats my advice

god be with and bless you

--------------------
I don't wanna be the one, the battles always choose, cuz inside I know, that I'm the one confused.

Posts: 45 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Conker
Activist
Member # 28961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Conker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charges now... sooner the better, if you dont maybe your friends will realize you were telling the truth once they get raped by the same guy.

--------------------
If you have to steal a pregnancy test chances are you cant afford a baby either

Posts: 47 | From: USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oOo Lea oOo
Activist
Member # 26647

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oOo Lea oOo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meg, I think your friends are being unreasonable.

If you can't get through to them that you were not consenting into the unprotected sex he is bragging about, and that you were raped by this guy, then you should seriously reconsider your friendship.

Are you talking to a counselor about any of this yet? I think it would be a really good idea for you. It helps. Trust me.

I have been in a similar situation. It totally sucks, I know. I wish I were brave enough to press charges. I have to see the guy every once in a while (we live on the same street) and when I do I have to stand in the dark, wishing everyone knew what a scumbag he really is, but too afraid to scream it out.

If you decide to press charges, which you should definitely consider it and reconsider it, you will be my hero [Smile] I wish there were more rape survivors who could step up and take that pressure. I wish that I was one of them. So I say, if you go through with this, Go You!

I wish you the best of luck, hun!

[Smile]

--------------------
And I say thank you for the scars
And the guilt and the pain
Every tear I've never cried
Has sealed your fate.
Did you take me for a fool
or were you just too blind to see
that every effort made has failed
and there is no destroying me?
Atreyu

Posts: 366 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.