Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SHOP TALK » S.E.X. » Need some help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need some help
Neophyte
Member # 64109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2613     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I am a bit embarrassed to be telling this...I am going to be 23 and have never done anything....make out, sex....

I have had lots of crazy family problems since very young and honestly have been just trying to survive ...no time or energy to fun and relationships. Now I am trying to balance out my life and I feel so insecure about this part of my life. I feel so unattractive just because I have no experience and this is so rare and strange these days. I have NO idea what to do when it comes to sex or even making out. What do I do? I am such a literal person, I feel I need a step by step guide. I know the science/anatomy of it....but the rest I have no clue.

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no reason to be embarrassed about this. You are by far not the only person who, at 23, has never been with anyone. I know that it can often seem like the whole world is having sex, but that's not actually true. You are not an oddity, and having no sexual experience does not make you unattractive.

Now, a for a step-by-step guide, that's not something that we can provide for you. Sex is soooo individual that there is just no way we can boil it down to a one-size-fits-all approach. But the good news is that this means that everyone has to figure things out for themselves. And that's also not something that we do once and then we're all set for the rest of our lives. We learn all over again each time we have a new partner, we learn all over as we grow older and change and develop. It's an on-going process that we're all always engaged in.

So I get that this can seem really overwhelming, but there's no reason to be freaked out, okay? Just take your time, listen to yourself, and go at your own pace.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neophyte
Member # 64109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2613     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That makes a lot of sense - thanks so much for your time!
Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome! If there's anything else we can help you with, just let us know! [Smile]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missclassy11
Neophyte
Member # 67128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missclassy11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need A Lot Of Help

--------------------
missclassy66

Posts: 1 | From: Birmingam | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MissClassy: Welcome to Scarleteen!

There's a bun ch of different sections here at the boards, so if you want to go ahead and find a section that fits what you need help with, you can then start your own thread there.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.