Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SHOP TALK » S.E.X. » Did you pre-order from Amazon?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did you pre-order from Amazon?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you did, could you do me a favor and let me know when you get/got your copy, just so I have an idea of when they're landing for people?

Some copies have been released as of yesterday, so I'm curious.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got notice from amazon that mine was shipped. [Smile]
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curiosity13
Neophyte
Member # 32841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curiosity13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine yesterday [Smile]
Posts: 21 | From: Chicago | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, how exciting! [Big Grin]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine today, actually. It was here right when I got home from school, which was a fantastic thing to come home to.
Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Oh, yay.

Bad day on the book front for me: seems we had a couple design team errors on the labeling (urethra is misspelled on the internal clitoris illustration, and on the male internal anatomy illustration, text would up beneath it which lebals it as female, even though by context and illus, it's clearly male). And that a Minnesota newspaper decided to make the meat of their short review based solely around one of those small errors.

Chriesta. [Smile]

Fixed in second printing, and yes, I'll be an anal-retentive silly and fix them by hand in all my cartons that come for books I'll sell myself, but still. Bleh.

So!

Nice to balance that out w/happy recipients. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend ordered it, and it arrived for him a couple days ago. [Smile]

Heck, I find spelling errors in books all the time. Why should the press fuss over that? It's not like they ever make mistakes. [Smile]

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kara Zor-El
Activist
Member # 14499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Zor-El     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine arrived today! [Big Grin] Well, not "mine" exactly...this will be the copy I give to my friend for her birthday since I'm getting one from the donation I made. I just hope I remembered to include my adresss... [Confused]

I thumbed through it as soon as it arrived...looks awesome!!

--------------------
"If you're going through Hell, keep going..."
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 123 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(Kara, my carton of books for donors just arrived, and so I'll be sending them out next week, and going through the donor files -- if anyone who did an over $75 donation didn't include an address, rest assrued I'll be emailing to ask for it to send a copy. [Smile] )

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Kara Zor-El
Activist
Member # 14499

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kara Zor-El     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! [Smile]

--------------------
"If you're going through Hell, keep going..."
- Winston Churchill

Posts: 123 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got mine this morning - much, much earlier than I thought it would arrive. (The mailman looked at me like I was insane for actually jumping up and down when I realized what the package was. [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Aw. [Smile]

FYI, for those who did/do order from Amazon, I'd like to ask as a favor that when you've read it, you post a review.

As I said to the focus group when I asked the same of them, I want to make clear that I'm not asking you to blindly applaud it if you don't feel that way about it, ultimately, either. We intend (and hope) to have this book be around for a while, which usually means revisions over time, so even if you have critical points to go with applause, those are helpful to us, and something I'd like to see.

And the more reviews that are posted, the better books tend to sell, which we've an obvious vested interest in. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My book arrived today, oh the excitement!! A number of my friends who work as welfare officers in colleges and that are mad to see it too!

It looks amazing, and due to exams I'm limiting myself to the back cover and the contents list!!!

Congrats Heather [Smile]

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredaboutthetruth
Neophyte
Member # 33668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredaboutthetruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right im kinda butting into this convo but i read all of what you put and was wondering

what book??

(sorry i dont know much)

--------------------
...×..._[[I]] Wish I Could [[Remove]] It From My [[Mind]]...×...

Posts: 28 | From: leicester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(psst -- read the description of this forum section -- Heather recently had an AWESOME book published)

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scaredaboutthetruth
Neophyte
Member # 33668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scaredaboutthetruth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooo kool i just had a look but but where can i get it from in the uk??

--------------------
...×..._[[I]] Wish I Could [[Remove]] It From My [[Mind]]...×...

Posts: 28 | From: leicester | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Aw, Daria. Bless.

Scared, Amazon UK carries it: here's a link.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been meaning to say: I got my pre-ordered copy in the mail earlier this week! (Ordered from Amazon in the US, then personally forwarded here.)

So exciting! I've been reading away and planning a review. (Although Joey's "appropriated" it for the weekend. [Smile] )

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.