Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SHOP TALK » S.E.X. » Covered!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Covered!
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

It's taken us a long time to all come to agreement on a final cover for the book, but it's finally done, and all nice and shiny!

[ 03-26-2007, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooooh! That's awesome! I can't wait to own this book! I want to get copies for everyone I know too [Big Grin]

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it! And the people do look so... happy and shiny!
Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So cool and nice ! Makes you impatient to read the book. [Smile]

I love the colors and the design and oh.. the pics. They look just like totally normal people. We don't see that as often nowadays. [Smile]

[ 03-26-2007, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It took a LONG time to get it to that point (you really have no idea how tough it is to lobby for some real diversity, and how hard it is to find it in stock photos -- my only complaint is that we couldn't find at least one of those photos that was a little less obvious in terms of gender, b ut I'm at least really thrilled we have some deiversity in terms of race, size and general appearance, and that everyone looks friendly and natural).

But glad it's all done!

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mellygirl
Activist
Member # 28588

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mellygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heather, it's wonderful. I'm so happy that this is finally getting out and into people's hands!! (and shiny is ALWAYS a plus!)

--------------------
*Melanny*

Posts: 175 | From: Midwest US | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feefiefofemme
Activist
Member # 23917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feefiefofemme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, lovely! I adore the look on the subject's face in the bottom-most picture. It's so... I don't know, cute? fun? intriguing? playful? Something along those lines.

The colors are absolutely fantastic and fresh. It makes me want to pop over to amazon.com and preorder a billion more copies right now to, I don't know, distribute in the streets or something. :D But I'll have to make do with just the one I've already ordered. In any case, I'm super excited to get my copy.

Posts: 406 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaah! I just hit refresh on the front page and saw the cover for the first time. Either I've been blind, or you've only just put it there. Anyway, I saw it and started yelling "The cover! The cover!" and got really wierd looks from everyone else in the room.

It looks absolutely awesome! Fresh and friendly and fun. Just makes me want to pick up a copy and get reading.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Aw, shucks! It's so cool to have everyone (not just me!) so excited about this.

We've also gotten some really nice advance praise, too, from prople I seriously admire and respect, some of which you can peek at at the banner which is now floating around the site, here:

-

P.S. You're not blind: just added the cover to the front page today. [Smile]

[ 03-27-2007, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thoroughly excited, and about to pre-order a copy now!

Hopefully having this information in print will help me correct my roommate's MISinformation more easily. She believes everything her mother (who is a nurse and should know better!!) tells her, no matter how inaccurate it may be. I've tried directing her here, but she won't stray from Mommy's advice or the Planned Parenthood website (which is not intended to answer questions like Scarleteen, and is rather incomplete)..

Again, thank you so much -- I've become the go-to girl for sex ed information on campus.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks completely fantastic!

I can not bloody wait!

--------------------
Jacob - my Scarleteen Blog - Please help sustain scarleteen

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breathless_gasp
Neophyte
Member # 33322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathless_gasp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when is this book coming out i want one
Posts: 8 | From: miami | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

People can pre-order now, breathless, or wait for the release in May.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

breathless_gasp
Neophyte
Member # 33322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for breathless_gasp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohh ok ill wait until may then beause i dont have no credit card or anything = ]
Posts: 8 | From: miami | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fonz
Activist
Member # 25706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fonz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will this book be available in the republic of ireland? i really want it! When do you think it would hit the shops here, or even in England? [Smile]

and yes, i too am impressed by its shinyness! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is right, but its perfect

Posts: 78 | From: Inner Sanctum | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PenguinBoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fonz:
Will this book be available in the republic of ireland? i really want it! When do you think it would hit the shops here, or even in England? [Smile]

and yes, i too am impressed by its shinyness! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

It's on the amazon uk too [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/S-E-X-Spelling-Need-About-Sexuality/dp/1600940102/ref=wl_it_dp/026-6632485-9443647?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2O9LB5FEQEH7M&colid=3QDZ61C7FZEQ3

The date on that site says 31st of august, but I'm not sure if that's necessarily true because it hasn't been updated in a long time.

It will be available though... indeed it will [Big Grin] .

--------------------

Posts: 633 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Avalon is a big publisher, so by all means, this will be able to be found internationally.

And if ordering online isn't an option, all you have to do is ask your local bookstore to order it for you, and the information you need give them is just that you want S.E.X., by Heather Corinna, published by Marlowe & Company (the imprint of Avalon it's under).

[Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

foxfire
Activist
Member # 8676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for foxfire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I searched for the book at Barnes and Noble it cam up as "Kiss and Tell" as the title. Was this the origanal title or just a error in thier system? Just curious
Posts: 117 | From: Washington | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that was a former title for the book; however, it's got the right cover and everything, so I'd assume it's just needing to be updated! [Smile]

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Yep. (Sigh! I loved that title and we tried SO hard to sell it to the publisher, but alas.)

Basically, I've only authored one solo book at this point. So, if you put my name into bookstore search engines, that will be the only book with me in it that is credited to ONLY me. Sometimes online booksellers are slow in updating info, but if you find a YA sex guide authored by me, you can rest assured it's this book.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

PenguinBoy
Activist
Member # 28394

I like the present title a lot!

"S.E.X."

The word just grabs my attention. and then the "spelling out everything you need to know..." is witty witty witty.

--------------------

Heather
Member # 3

Don't get me wrong: I like the new title, too (though the subtitle has changed: it's the one on the cover, which both my editor and myself vastly preferred to "spelling...."). [Smile]

But I have a nostalgic attachment to the old.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it even better than the first run-around. The plagerizer-who-shall-not-be-named can keep it! [Smile]
Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.