Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Bleeding during intercourse--help?!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding during intercourse--help?!?
JDog14
Neophyte
Member # 109769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JDog14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, I just want to start out by saying that I'm new to this site and I'm really glad there is something like this available! Anyway, I'll just give a lay-down of the scenario or predicament I'm in.

I have been dating this girl for roughly a month or so and we had intercourse for the first time around 15-20 days ago (it was protected sex). Everything went well, sex was good, etc... However, we have had sex multiple times since then, all times with protection. The last 3 times we have had sex, there has been blood on the condom and in the general vicinity of the vaginal area. However, when we aren't having intercourse she doesn't notice any bleeding at all. She is on birth control and insists in her consistency with it and said she normally DOES NOT have periods consistent with menstrual bleeding at all. She hasn't switched medications in the last year either.

The first time we noticed the blood, it was more of a brownish-red color, the last two times were both red (no pink color or brown residue). I'll be honest and will say that I am freaking out about this. The time frame between each encounter is about 3-4 days. Anyway, I'm not sure if the information I'm about to provide will be useful but, I'm 19 and so is she, she has had past sexual partners as have I. She said this has never happened with any of the others and she used protection with them too. I don't know how to say this without sounding crude, but I am fairly well-endowed and am bigger than any other guy she has been with. I'm not even sure what this could mean or what the possibilities are, but I know that she is calling her doctor tomorrow to schedule an appointment, but I'm too busy over here freaking out. Could it be tearing of the vaginal wall, just a little bit? Or what? Please, someone help me out. Thank you.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the boards! We're happy to be here [Smile]

It's good she's made an appointment with a doctor to get checked out. Obviously, it'll be a good thing to identify what's causing this bleeding.

Are you both up-to-date with your STI testing?

The size of your penis isn't likely to be relevant. The vagina is a muscle, and when someone is aroused and relaxed, the vagina expands around anything they put inside it.

Has she had any pain or discomfort while you've been having sex? That's always a strong signal to stop, as it's an indication something isn't quite right. Have you and she used lube?

If it has been a small tear that your girlfriend's experienced, that should heal up like other parts of the body heal from small injuries.

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazyhorseperson
Activist
Member # 109011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorseperson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I noticed that if I had bleeding after sex, it was usually because my cervix was being hit and I just didn't notice during the act. If the doctor doesn't find anything and you're both clean on STI tests, it could just be that the position or something else about how you go about things causes irritation which causes bleeding. (I don't want to go into more specifics, but that happened to me and it seems to be a common thing, as others have mentioned it as well.)
Posts: 48 | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AprilK
Neophyte
Member # 109787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AprilK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I have experienced bleeding when my cervix was getting rubbed on for too long (whether I noticed it or not). I hope thats all it is [Smile]
Posts: 5 | From: Southern California | Registered: Mar 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.