Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Me again. This time with a broken condom.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Me again. This time with a broken condom.
saphira2013
Neophyte
Member # 104162

Icon 5 posted      Profile for saphira2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys! I was wondering if you could please shed some light on my current situation. So this month I restarted Yaz and in my third week of taking the pills (ultra perfectly may I add - first day start and I take them nearly to the minute) the condom broke because I was too dry while having sex but he withdrew at once and changed the condom.

This month I've been really self assured and confident that I've got things under control, but I start my placebos tomorrow and that always brings a sense of insecurity with it.
I don't really want to waste money on a pregnancy test but I don't feel like spending the next couple of days worrying for my withdrawal bleed. My body is going crazy from the pill side effects - my breasts have ballooned and I've spotted throughout the entire month - luckily that just stopped now, but annoyingly enough my anxiety levels have only skyrocketed.

So technically I've got two questions: 1) does my situation count as using withdrawal and the pill perfectly/typically, or seeing that it hadn't been a full cycle should I take the percentages of a pregnancy risk as withdrawal alone? And secondly 2) are there pills that are reputed to have less of an anxietic effect?

Thank you [Smile] Sorry to keep asking questions but you guys are really wonderful and I don't have much support anywhere else.

Posts: 39 | From: Malta | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you are almost done with the first pack of pills, you can assume that you are already fairly close to full protection, if not already completely there. So that plus withdrawal means that there is no reason to worry about a pregnancy at this point.

As for the side effects of your pill, that is something to discuss with your doctor. Reactions to the pill vary from person to person based, and a doctor can help you figure out your best options based on your medical history.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saphira2013
Neophyte
Member # 104162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saphira2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great, thanks so so much!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 39 | From: Malta | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.