Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Being careful.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Being careful.
KoreyA
Activist
Member # 108779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KoreyA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

I am curious on a small question here. Of course when wet semen or precum gets in contact with a vulva the possibility of pregnancy exists.

What I am curious of is what is considered a fool proof method to ensure that no fluids make their way around or through clothing, when just playing around, be it manual sex or just humping.

I personally am very concerned that when I ejaculate, some of my swimmers will splash onto her or maybe drip down or run down her stomach and pass by her clothes, and get to where they shouldent. By clothes I mean her underwear and sweat pants which are quite loose.

I have read that freshly ejacuulated semen right on the clothing where the vulva is is risky because it will soak the clothing and some will be able to get through, although a low risk, it seems it isn't impossible. I have read on here that when people are dressed there is no risk, maybe that is just for pre cum, either way, my question is, what is a method to ensure no fluids get down there when doing other activities than inter course.

Thanks
Korey

Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are this concerned about this, and unable to accept that "splashing" can't happen like this with only a teaspoon of viscous fluid, and not from something with the pressure of a fire hose, wear a condom.

Seriously.

When people are dressed, there are not risks of fluid sharing. When people ejaculate on someone's breasts, as a for instance, it cannot go anywhere else. You can see that just by looking: that fluid is not invisible.

But given how worried you have been during your history here, I'd advise you not do this stuff at all until you feel better about it, and believe the facts some more, or, if you still want to do this stuff and want to see if something will help, just wear a condom.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KoreyA
Activist
Member # 108779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KoreyA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That makes sense, thank you.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, if you haven't seen it, we recently revamped this piece, including some illustrations: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/reproduction/where_did_i_come_from_a_refresher_course_in_human_reproduction

If you find you are still not understanding that your "swimmers" actually don't have the kind of power -- not at all, very little, really: of the two reproductive systems people have, yours is actually not the mighty one, if we are going to put it that way -- all by themselves to create a pregnancy, it might help to go through it.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.