Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Period over a week late but not pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period over a week late but not pregnant?
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jclark283     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone, this is my second thread on Scarleteen. My last post was about a pregnancy scare but I can confirm after taking two pregnancy tests that I'm not pregnant.

Around 2 weeks ago I had experienced cramps for about a week but no period. I wasn't too concerned as my period wasn't late yet. The cramps, bloating, and has went on and then my period was 3 days late and I still had symptoms. They went on for about a week and a half and the cramps finally stopped but I had lots of clear discharge and sometimes white ones. I was very nervous and 5 days after my late period I did a First Response pregnancy test which was negative. Two days later I took another one which was also negative. That was last weekend and now since yesterday the cramps, bloating, and gassy feelings are back but still no period. As well as lots if clear discharge.

Anyone?

Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jclark283     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also, the cramps and in my lower and upper stomach
Posts: 26 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are you asking here?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jclark283
Neophyte
Member # 109509

Sorry, I'm asking if that is normal or experienced before?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We cannot possibly know what is normal for you, and it is safe to say there is nothing like this someone has not experienced before.

But abdominal pain is a general health issue, so if that is happening without explanation, that alone is a reason to see a general healthcare provider, where you can also ask them about these other things, if you like.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.