Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Withdrawal bleed question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Withdrawal bleed question
user321
Neophyte
Member # 109347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for user321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I made a post about this a few weeks ago..
Ok so I had unprotected sex on the 27th dec but I was taking the pill, im pretty sure i always took it on time. At the time when i had sex i also had quite heavy breakthrough bleeding and he did not come inside me.
I got my withdrawal bleed at the time i expected it. I also took 3 pregnancy tests (all negative) at about 19-20 days after sex. I also had one done at the doctors 21 days after and also got a quantitive blood test done which came back as less than 2mIU/ml. Since then I also took a HPT about 42 days after the sex and am currently having my withdrawal bleed.
For some reason this is all i can think about and i think i am just worrying over nothing again..

my questions are
1. Does heavy breakthrough bleeding suggest that the uterine lining is shedding therefore there wouldnt be an egg in there to fertilize during the sex?
2. is 21 days after sex enough time to get a definite result from a quantitive hcg blood test?
3. withdrawal bleeds indicate that it is highly unlikely to be pregnant as they shed the uterine lining right?
4. A HPT would most likely tell me if i was pregnant if i did it properly 42 days after the sex?
I've been reading stuff on the internet which is obviously a bad idea as it makes me paranoid and im sorry for bringing the topic up again. I think i will get another blood test from the doctor on monday

Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, maybe, yep and yep: that is the answer to all those questions [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
user321
Neophyte
Member # 109347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for user321     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I think I am just overly paranoid even though all the facts point to it being very unlikely that i'd be pregnant. I'll see the doctor anyway just to help me get over this completely and move on with my life!
Appreciate your time [Smile]

Posts: 12 | From: Australia | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.