Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Anal sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anal sex
Swimgirl22
Neophyte
Member # 107946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swimgirl22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three week ago, I had anal sex with my boyfriend, he had a condum that said it was lubrucated so we didn't use any other lub, he didn't really go in all the way because it hurt, so we stopped. When he pulled out the condum got stuck in my butt. I just pulled it out. Could I possibly be pregnant? I was suppose to get my period two weeks ago. I been stressing ALOT about this, work, school. Am just really scared?? Do I pose a risk?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Swimgirl22,

Stress can definitely delay a period.

The only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test.

From the sounds of things, your boyfriend did not ejaculate during this anal sex. Am I understanding that correctly? If so, you can evaluate your pregnancy risk as being the same level of risk when withdrawal is used correctly. You can learn what that risk level is here:

Withdrawal

For future reference, the lubrication on a condom is not enough lubrication for anal intercourse,or for for vaginal intercourse either. The anus does not produce any lubrication, so it's really important to use lots of lube to make entry more comfortable and to avoid injury to the anus or rectum. using extra lube also really reduces the risk that a condom will break, or get stuck as you experienced.

Here's some more information about anal sex:

Anal Sex Lowdown

Anal Sex: No Different?

I'd also like to check in with you about whether both you and your boyfriend are up-to-date on your STI testing. Anal sex does pose risks of STI transmission. using a condom reduces those risks, but the condom sliding off and staying in your butt is considered a condom failure. If you're both not up-to-date on your testing, it's sound or you both to get tested soon and to continue getting tested on a regular basis.

[ 11-18-2013, 09:30 AM: Message edited by: Robin Lee ]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swimgirl22
Neophyte
Member # 107946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Swimgirl22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for all this information. So I do have a pregnancy risk? How can I have an STD if my partner doesn't have any? Should I worry my period hasn't came?
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swimgirl22
Neophyte
Member # 107946

And what if he did ejeculate?
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have both you and your partner been tested for STIs? That's the only way you know for sure that neither of you has one.

Are you saying that your partner did ejaculate?

Do you keep track of when your periods arrive? Do your periods usually come after the same number of days or does the number of days vary each month?

If you're concerned about pregnancy, the only way to know if your period hasn't arrived because of pregnancy is to take a pregnancy test.

It's up to you whether you do that or continue to wait for your period.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swimgirl22
Neophyte
Member # 107946

What if he possibly did ejuclate?
Swimgirl22
Neophyte
Member # 107946

Therefore I do possibly pose a risk?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the condom slipped off of his penis, but did NOT slip off all the way inside your body AND he did not ejaculate, it is very safe to say you did NOT have a risk of pregnancy, and your risk of STIs from anal sex would also be just as reduced as it would have been had that not happened with the condom.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swimgirl22
Neophyte
Member # 107946

Okay, so it's normal that I miss my period this month?
Thank you for your time as well. I guess it has just been all the stress of college applications, work, and this.

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't tell you what's normal for your periods and what isn't, only you can know what that history and those patterns have been.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swimgirl22
Neophyte
Member # 107946

Okay thank you!!!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.