Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Can't orgasm!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can't orgasm!!!
mcguiree1495
Neophyte
Member # 69396

Icon 8 posted      Profile for mcguiree1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So my boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years and have been active for most of that time period. It seems that I have a problem or complication of actually orgasming during the process.. The only way I can is when his tongue hits a certain spot.... But I hardly get it that way anymore because he complains his jaw hurts or he just "forgets" after he finishes. When we are in positions though there will be times where I'll start to really enjoy it but hell finish the second I start to get into it.... Any suggestions that we can try? Or answers as to why I can't orgasm during the actual intercourse?

--------------------
mcguiree1495(:

Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know this is a question that I've seen come up a lot at scarleteen and it might be helpful to get started by taking a look at this article:

The Great No-Orgasm-From-Intercourse Conundrum

As you'll see in that article it's actually very common (as in experienced by the majority of women) to not orgasm during intercourse. Which, as you'll also see in the article, has to do with where the majority of women's sensory nerve endings are located.

So if orgasm is something you'd like to achieve chances are, as you've already experienced, experimenting with different types of stimulation, usually including clitoral stimulation is what you'll want to be trying to incorporate.

That said, orgasm doesn't always have to be the end goal of sex and just like having an orgasm doesn't guarantee satisfaction not having an orgasm doesn't guarantee a lack there of.

So are you feeling like the sex you're having right now is satisfying and something you're enjoying?

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcguiree1495
Neophyte
Member # 69396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcguiree1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I enjoy it, but I guess what I'm trying to get at is enjoying more on that level like my boyfriend does. Because like I said, he's always the first one to "get off" on it, and I'm just like "Okay, that was good." I guess I'm just looking for a "thrill"/going up a level, than I'm on right now.

--------------------
mcguiree1495(:

Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So what I'm hearing from you is that while you're enjoying sex right now it's not as enjoyable for you as it could be, is that right?

If so are there some things in your sex life (either with your boyfriend or on your own) that DO really get you going and that you find give you the level of satisfaction you're looking for?

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.