Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » on both the pill AND implant but no period?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: on both the pill AND implant but no period?!
pinkunicornxo
Activist
Member # 95603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkunicornxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I've been on the pill and implant for nearly a year now, the reason why I'm on both is to control the excessive bleeding I have on the implant alone, even though I would like my implant removed the clinic where I got it inserted are very hestitant to take it out even though I've given it a fair chance by now and I really do not like it I'd much rather just stick to the pill on its own. But anyway Im due on today and I've had my usual symptoms but no period as of yet also last month my period ended a day earlier is that normal? Getting pretty worried now. :/ thank you x

--------------------
xoxoxo

Posts: 41 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Withdrawal bleeds or periods will often vary from cycle to cycle, most certainly with something as minor as ending or going on longer by one day.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkunicornxo
Activist
Member # 95603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkunicornxo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So its now day 6 of my pill free week and the most I've had is a bit of spotting :/ getting pretty worried now but I'm finding it hard to believe that BOTH my pill and implant have failed on me I really hope not this is really distressing and I've been up crying half the night and I feel so ill because I've worried myself so much. I've got cramps and stuff so I guess theres still a chance it could come but i'm doubtful of it.

--------------------
xoxoxo

Posts: 41 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It strikes me that what is most likely happening is that the combination of these two methods is doing exactly what the person who prescribed them to you intended them to do.

In other words, you say they were concurrently described to reduce bleeding and flow, so I'm not sure why it's a surprise they DO seem to be doing that, or why you'd assume or think this could possibly be about pregnancy, which is even less likely with those two methods together than you finding a thousand bucks on the ground, rather than that they're doing exactly what it was hoped they'd do?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katana Geldar
Neophyte
Member # 108456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katana Geldar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on the implant and I stopped having periods for THREE YEARS while I had it in.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkunicornxo
Activist
Member # 95603

Well my bleed did eventually come. The reason why I was so worried is because it usually comes like clockwork on my pill free week which is normal for me.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.