Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Mega-bleeding

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mega-bleeding
flickster
Neophyte
Member # 108389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flickster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I had sex for the first (and so far only) time a couple of months ago. At the beginning, there was a large, sharp pain, but then it went away and everything seemed fine. But then a bit later, we realized I was bleeding.

And I don't mean "bleeding" like some spotting, or even a period. We're talking blood all over him and me and the floor, practically gushing all over the place (to the guy's credit, he freaked out about this less than I did). As we cleaned it up, we only half joked that someone would think a murder had taken place. It lasted for a short while, probably less than an hour (during which I put on a proper pad), but the sheer volume and speed and suddenness of the event was kind of alarming.

So can anyone shed some light over why it happened? Truth be told, I wasn't expecting any bleeding, given what I've read/how I normally treat my vagina. The whole thing was admittedly rather spontaneous and we didn't use any lube, so that was definitely a contributing factor, but I feel like even then "irritational bleeding" should not have been so... voluminous. Any ideas?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacob at Scarleteen
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 66249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacob at Scarleteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure flickster, but I'm not surprised you were alarmed, that sounds like a whole lotta blood.

Given that it didn't seem like a period, and the pain, it sounds to me as though you may have somehow split some skin, perhaps in the corona area, and that this was a bleeding cut, not unlike a cut elsewhere on the body. At times a lot of blood can come from a relatively small wound, and there would be a very high level of circulation in your pelvic area, especially if you were very aroused, which might have contributed.

I'd add that it's great you've done that reading and so this experience was better than it could have been. Of course, as in your case, bleeding and pain during first-time sex, even when aroused sure can happen, it just isn't as common as many people assume.

I'm glad to hear the bleeding stopped, which hopefully means that whatever it was is healing, but if you have access to a gynaecologist I would certainly consider getting an examination to make sure that there's nothing else going on.

Also if you do have any more of this kind of sex, I might also take care to use lube.

Posts: 694 | From: Leeds UK | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flickster
Neophyte
Member # 108389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for flickster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! I did see a doctor soon afterwards, though there wasn't a full examination. It was a bit sore for a time afterwards, but everything seems normal now. And I made an immediate vow to lube up in the future, so hopefully that's the end of it. [Smile]
Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.