Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Damage by masturbating?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Damage by masturbating?
cherrylily
Neophyte
Member # 108441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cherrylily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey

I have a problem. I am afraid there might be something wrong with my genitals. Since my early teens (I am 20 now) I have been experimenting with water faucet, which gives me a good feeling and a something orgasm-y (which feels like a pressure release, after which my genitals go too sensitive to continue,but nothing special or very-good-feeling. in fact eating ice cream or doing sports feels better).

This is the only way I can get something, which is far far away of what orgasms are generally described. No bells ringing or warms waves or body full of endorphines, just some sensation in the area of my genitals and then it's gone.

I have tried vibrators and manual stimulation, have used lube, fantasized. Nothing works.

I am worried, because I am afraid my water faucet usage has damaged my genitals so I won't ever be able to have a proper orgasm.

This is a problem, because:
a)I am afraid that when I get a boyfriend I want to go intimate with, he will feel inadequate for not making me come and it will damage the relationship
b)I want to feel orgasms like they are described
c)I don't want to become frustrated and not into sex in the future because not being able to orgasm.

Please tell me there's hope for me.

Lily

Posts: 3 | From: Estonia | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards, Lily. [Smile]

This is a very common -- one of the most common, really -- way of masturbating, and unless someone is forcing water into the vagina itself (such as by putting a faucet or showerhead directly inside or at the vaginal opening -- it's not something at all associated with genital injury.

The idea that because you reach and enjoy orgasm this way, and not a couple others you have tried, means you won't be able to reach orgasm any other way, ever, isn't sound or based in reality. Realistically, you likely will be able to experience orgasm via more than just this way in your life. As well, masturbation and sex with a partner are different things that offer people different things, physically and emotionally.

As well, realistically, sexual satisfaction and orgasm are about way more than just what we do with our genitals and how we do what we do.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you want to feel orgasms "as they are described." Described by whom?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68255 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrylily
Neophyte
Member # 108441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cherrylily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People decribe orgasms like something that feelings which embrace their whole bodies and they feel really really good afterwards and satisfied.

Mine are nothing like that, not that good, like somewhat pressure release in the genital area, nothing that I feel in the whole body. And afterwards I don't feel flooded with really really good feeling, I feel just normal.

I'm very afraid I won't be able to get a really good one.

Posts: 3 | From: Estonia | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'd say some people do, some of the time: other times, people describe them just like you are. How orgasm feels has a really huge range, both from person to person, and even for one person, from day to day, or over a lifetime.

Ultimately, how "big" or full body orgasm feels like usually has a lot more to do with how much desire someone is feeling, and how turned on they are -- mentally -- than with what they're doing in terms of what kind of sex they're having or how they are touching themselves.

In other words, this is usually not about if someone is masturbating this way or that way, or what a partner is doing so much as what someone comes to any kind of sex, including masturbation, already feeling and then feeling more of per how excited they are. Make sense?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68255 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cherrylily
Neophyte
Member # 108441

Yes, it does. Thank you so much [Smile] .
Heather
Member # 3

Sure thing. [Smile]

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.