Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Clit pain, period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Clit pain, period?
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, this is unrelated to previous posts

So i got my period yesterday, and i noticed that my clit hurts a little on and off in certain positions? I think i can recall this happening before but idk.

Like it started during dinner whenever a flexed the muscles down there or when it was put in pressure from my clothes or the chair when i sat up straight. It gave kind of a sharp pain. When i went to go pee, there was no pain, and when i wiped, i checked my rubbing my clit a little, also no pain.
This was on and off, when i got in the car, i drove for about 2 hours, and the next time i stood up, no pain in any position.
things were fine but a few min ago i noticed i felt it again.

I wear pads, and i was wondering- could this pain be because of the pad? I have a theory that the pad is absorbing my natural moisture, and im just drying out which is causing sensitivity, but im not sure, i wanted to check with you guys and get your opinion

Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OliveCon
Neophyte
Member # 107898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OliveCon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops i think i posted this is the wrong section im going to move it
Posts: 37 | From: America | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi There,

The clit has a lot of nerve endings in it, and just as those can be receptors for pleasure, they can also be receptors for pain or discomfort. It's certainly possible that your genitals just got rubbed a little raw. pads can be slightly abrasive and genitals are delicate.
I really couldn't tell you why this is happening for sure, but unless you're having constant pain or feel like you somehow injured yourself, this doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about.

Our genitals are just like the rest of the body; they're going to get chafed, experience pain or discomfort, and generally have the varied experiences of being part of a live body.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.