Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Boyfriend couldn't get it up

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Boyfriend couldn't get it up
Uber_Jess
Neophyte
Member # 102586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uber_Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So me and my bf met up to have sex, but he couldn't get an erection. He told me it was just nerves, but this has never happened before, so I wonder if it is me. He still ate me out, and that was amazing, and he said he really wanted to have sex, but just couldn't get hard. I hope this is really just me being insecure and not anything more.
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi uber_Jess,

It's going to happen sometimes that people with penises don't get errections when they expect or want to, or that their erections go away when they don't expect or want them to.

There's a trope out there that folks with penises are always going to be into sex, always going to get and keep an erection when they want to, and that's just not so.

Sometimes a person's body just isn't quite in the mood, whether it's stress, or nerves, or fatigue, or some other reason.

I imagine there have been times when you weren't quite up for sex, or not quite up for certain sexual activities? If so, it's the same deal with your boyfriend.

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uber_Jess
Neophyte
Member # 102586

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Uber_Jess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reassurance. I figured it was something like that.
Posts: 24 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome.

Remember too that sex isn't dependent on just one body part. All sexual activities are sex. [Smile]

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.