Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Just a few little questions that need clearin up :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just a few little questions that need clearin up :)
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First things first thank you so much for this site I've used it for so long so gather Information and it has saved me enough times!

Basically I have a few little questions that I would like to ask you [Smile] my periods range between 4-6 weeks. But I am ovulating earlier this month than last, I know theirs no way of being sure but honestly these last few days been really wet down their and in undies and the white stretchy discharge which again is ovulation signs. So I've read online that if your ovulating you period comes 2 weeks after? (Give or take) I'm just wondering is that true?

Also this has been WOWing me lately, Ive been with my boyfriend for a good few years now and I like to be safe as can be I'm not on birth control but I'm not having sex. Basically it just oral and like fingering and that sort of stuff. I've been reading a lot on it online and people are stating it's possible to get pregnant from fingering and it really baffled me? Also I get him to wash he's hands anyways because of Bactria and I know it can cause infections and just in case their is any soerm aswell, but again online I've read that sperm can live on the skin even after washing? And I was again really confused as I didnt think that was true..

Another thing I've seen online is that hand sanitizer doesn't kill sperm? Is that true ? I didn't see how it doesn't as if sperm are as 'fragile' as people say how can it survive hand sanitizer yet it removes all traces of everything else? Last of all everywhere over the Internet you see 'sperm dies soon as it hits air' is that true ?

I'm sorry for all the questions again I just wanted them to be cleared up as I want to be as safe as possible when doing sexual acitivites even when that doesn't include sex, thank you for your time

--------------------
Believe in yourself, because if you don't who else will?

Posts: 76 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Lee
Volunteer Assistant Director
Member # 90293

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Myla,

Based on your response to one of our other users (thank you for helping them out) it looks like you have a pretty good handle on what does and doesn't lead to pregnancy. So, I'd say that you've already got the answers to the questions you've asked about that here. [Smile]

For more information on reproduction, have you done a search of our main site for articles? There's a lot of information there.

Periods do tend to, for most people, arrive roughly two weeks after ovulation. However, there are lots of things that can impact the menstrual cycle. Our bodies aren't machines, doing the same thing day after day, so there's only so much we can predict about what they will and won't do. This article has more information on that:

M.I.A or, Dude, Where's My Period?

--------------------
Robin

Posts: 6066 | From: Washington DC suburbs | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mylah
Activist
Member # 108403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mylah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou, my period always vary just as I think I've got track of them boom they've changed! One other questions do periods really sync? I'm asking a I'm a college student when I was at college they sort of changed. But I'm around my mum alot and our periods used to be like she finished and I started. So maybe the fact I've spent a lot of time with her through the holiday they could be syncing ( if that's true) Ive read online about that stuff but never have I had it confirmed.

And Thankyou I've read plenty and I'm sure in the articles it stated that it wasnt possible, I thought I was reading it wrong or something. The things people come out with no wonder why teens are scared of everything!

And your welcome I love to be of help to both this boards am others [Smile]

--------------------
Believe in yourself, because if you don't who else will?

Posts: 76 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.