Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Self-love and corona

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Self-love and corona
Liandry27
Neophyte
Member # 108264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liandry27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read with attention http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/my_corona_the_anatomy_formerly_known_as_the_hymen_the_myths_that_surround_it and it helped me understand a lot about my own body.

I am not involved with anyone sexually, so I have physical times with myself like mastubation, and I slowly overcome the anxiety about this part of my body. It's been a few months that I'm touching there, and it was starting to feel nice and comfortable, but maybe I did too much, and I could feel it stretching out, then kind of tearing up.
It makes me feel disgusted, the sensation is new and different and I don't like the change, also my pain during period changed too, is it connected?

Maybe it is also being virginity has a personal meaning for me, but I just didn't expect that, and now it doesn't feel like my body welcomes me anymore, it's all foreign and stressful.
I hope it is the right place to talk about this, thank you for the articles and the forum.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, the hymen, when it's there, doesn't actually have any nerve endings. So while the sides of it are connected to the vaginal opening, which does have nerve endings, there's really nothing to feel with the corona, or hymen, itself.

It also doesn't "tear up." Rather, it will typically wear away over time, with or without masturbation or any other kind of sex. And masturbation truly cannot change your vulva in any noticeable or permanent ways, unless you somehow injure yourself (which you'd know, because like with any other injury, you'd be in pain when it happened).

Changes to your menstrual cycle are going to be entirely unrelated to any of this. Your menstrual cycle is primarily about certain hormones in your body and your uterus, which is deep inside your body, not something you can reach with masturbation.

Can you perhaps explain more of what you mean when you say your body doesn't feel like it welcomes you anymore?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liandry27
Neophyte
Member # 108264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liandry27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for replying, I know my worries sound silly, but it's more about how it feels on my fingers when I touch? It took me so long to get used to the smooth contact, and now it's more irregular, but it doesn't make me feel like trying to love it as it is again. Even sensations, pleasure, are different feelings now, and I am not comfortable, what made me feel nice before now leaves me unsatisfied and frustrated. I miss the time when I felt like I could explore my body parts there and know them better, but I guess I was too impatient and ruined it.
I hear you say it can be wearing away on its own, not because of fingers, but then there is a moment when it's still half-there, not totally connected to the vaginal opening but still there?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you sound silly, I'm just trying to understand.

Really, it is very unlikely that, in reality, physically, there have been any big changes. What seems more likely to me is that you're having some conflicting emotional feelings that are making it seem like, feel like, there have been physical changes.

Do you know what I mean?

Ruined "it" how?

There's more than a "moment" per the hymen being there. In essence, it's basically gradually wearing away through a lifetime, even though most of the changes to that tissue will tend to happen in the teens and twenties.

Again, this is tissue that is so thin and so small that most people -- even doctors -- will not have an easy time identifying it at all. So, I'm just pretty sure -- and it's your body, I don't mean to second-guess you -- a lot of this isn't about your hymen or any changes to it, especially since I don't hear you describing any kind of injury that would cause a truly noticeable change.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.