Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Ovulation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ovulation?
viiMarkee
Neophyte
Member # 108273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viiMarkee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I am currently on the pill Tri Cyclen Lo and I have been taking it for about a year now. I am very strict with taking my pill, I have an alarm on my phone set for 8pm and I take it every day. I've only taken it about latest an hour late because of work, but haven't done that within the last month.

My boyfriend and I currently use both the pill and a condom for double protection. Lately he has been wanting to try without a condom. We typically try for a little bit, then I make him put the condom on and he finishes with the condom on. But I know there is such thing as pre-ejaculation...

We had sex without a condom for the first half on July 29th, 30th and Aug 2nd. He put a condom on half way through sex all three times, however, on July 29th during a second round he didn't use the washroom or anything (to kill the sperm?), so the sperm may have still been in there?

I got my period on Aug 5th, but it seemed very light. But it did last the usual 5 days, im assuming it was light due to my BC pill.

Now this is where the problem starts. I safely assumed everything was ok because I received my period, but on Aug 9th the last day of my period I noticed a weird cramping. It seemed to stop but on Aug 12th I noticed I had verrrrry sore nipples but NOT breasts, and the mild cramping was constant.

If I got my period 3 days after the kinda-sorta-unprotected sex, doesn't that mean everything is fine?
Could this be ovulation symptoms? Even though when you're on the pill you're not supposed to be ovulating?
I'm very confused. (PS both me and my boyfriend are tested and have no STI's, and during this time I have been on my pill religiously)

--------------------
Thanks,

Vii

Posts: 7 | From: NY | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ovulation is really something that happens in a moment, and when people do have mild discomfort when it's happening -- which happens to some, but which I wouldn't say is common -- we're not talking cramping for days, but mild discomfort for a brief time.

I can't say what that cramping and nipple soreness was about, but it may be neither has anything to do with your pill, ovulation, or any risk of pregnancy.

I'm not sure what you're feeling confused about beyond having this issues with your body, which would be things to ask a healthcare provider about, especially if you are still having profound nipple soreness.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viiMarkee
Neophyte
Member # 108273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for viiMarkee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So its not ovulation..
And considering I received my period 3 days after we had sex, it can't be pregnancy?
So what your saying is it could be something entirely different.

--------------------
Thanks,

Vii

Posts: 7 | From: NY | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given you're using a combined pill, and ovulation isn't associated with nipple pain, I'd say you can rule that out, yes, and it sounds like that was/is something else entirely. A healthcare provider is the right person to help you figure out what.

You haven't been using condoms properly -- they need to be on the WHOLE time for proper use, and do understand not using them properly makes a big difference with how effective they can be. But I hear you saying you HAVE been using your pills properly, and also have had a withdrawal bleed, so no, pregnancy also doesn't seem like a likely issue here, either.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68189 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
viiMarkee
Neophyte
Member # 108273

Thank you for your help and quick response.

--------------------
Thanks,

Vii

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.